rachman's security configuration

I

illumination

Looks good. You might want to consider making an external back up of your system "just in case".. Always good to have back ups, of your back up ;) :)

Reactions: rachman

viktik

Level 25
Verified
Well-known
Sep 17, 2013
Why are you still using 32 bit. Move to 64 bit OS.

You are not fully utilizing 64 bit registers in your processor.

rachman

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Mar 6, 2014
Looks good. You might want to consider making an external back up of your system "just in case".. Always good to have back ups, of your back up ;) :)
Thanks for the advice but I don't have an external storage at the moment. :)
Why are you still using 32 bit. Move to 64 bit OS.

You are not fully utilizing 64 bit registers in your processor.
The reason is my memory only 2GB. AFAIK it runs better on 32-bit OS and also I don't have any plan to upgrade it. Thanks :)
You should use on-demand scanners like Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free. I recommend decrease the add-on number on FF.
Thanks fo sharing your config :)
I was using it but never found any threat so I decided to uninstall it and only keep ESET at the moment.
Well, I will take that as consideration. Thanks. :)
With all those addons do you experience any slow down in Firefox ? I never used more than 6-7 addons.
I have never realize any slowdown though they do increase memory usage. As I need all of them, I will keep them installed.
I'd turn UAC to always notify, and get an free on demand scanner such as Malwarebytes
Honestly I'm not really sure what I'm gonna do with UAC setting so I keep them default and sometimes turn if off.
Thanks. :)

rachman

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Mar 6, 2014
Then you know that you can still use Sandboxie free...and Hitman Pro free,just for scan if there are no money now.;)
Well tried trial version Sandboxie long time ago and just knew there's also free version. I guess I will try to use it again.

Hitman Pro or Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, I'll give them a try again later

thanks for the feedback :)

VladDracul

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Sep 28, 2011
Well tried trial version Sandboxie long time ago and just knew there's also free version. I guess I will try to use it again.

You're very welcome.:)

software182

Level 12
Verified
Mar 4, 2014

if you're planning to buy 2 license of MBAM, give one for me :p

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
HitmanPro doesn't need to be activated for scan only. Remember to keep Cookies unchecked from HMP, as these are harmless. Let your let your browser, or system cleaner handle them instead. CCleaner has an intelligent scanner to keep common cookies excluded from cleaning, allow you to stay logged into your current sessions.

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will offer a 14-day trial, the Premium (aka Pro), but most cases it's better of as an on-demand scanner.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.