RaDi0AcTiVe MaN Laptop config

RaDi0AcTiVe MaN

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Nov 1, 2015
So thats my config. I use Ubs-Sticks to save my important documents / files. If Windows fails i reinstall it.

Google Chrome has already a good phishing filter but i enable it at Adguard too.

Last edited:

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I am not a big fan of IObit Malware fighter(poor detection).There are other free Antivirus options that are light and provide AV protection.
Personally I would prefer using just Windows 10 built in Security with Sandboxie and some good on demand scanners.
I would consider a couple on demand scanners such as Malwarebytes Antimalware,EEK,ESET Online scanner,etc.
Consider CCleaner or Privazer
Thanks for sharing your config :)

Last edited:
L

LabZero

IObit MalwareFighter 4 is currently in beta and, as any security app in beta phase, should not be used as main antivirus software, but possibly as second opinion scanner.

Chromatinfish 123

Level 21
Verified
May 26, 2014
Yes, agreed on IObit Malware Fighter. I would not use a beta product as a main antivirus. There are plenty of free AVs such as Avast, Avira, Bitdefender, etc., and I am not a very big fan of IOBit in general- their past shady methods keep haunting me :D

As for On-Demand Scanners, you could use IOBit M.F. but I would rather choose Malwarebytes, EEK, or HitmanPro. I also prefer HitmanPro to Zemana AM as I like their scanner engines better than Zemana's. Still, it's my personal opinion and I can't choose anything for you.

RaDi0AcTiVe MaN

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Nov 1, 2015
@ Klipsh Generally speaking you are right. But even its in beta no quirks.

@ Chromatinfish 123 Yes i heard about that incident with signatures used from Malwarebytes. Still im not a judge, and as for my knowledge Malwarebytes never went to court and sued Iobit. With this statement im not trying to open old wounds, or start a flame war. I just explain my position on that topic.

i made a little test with the new tencent pc manager ( which uses Bitdefender engine now and dropped Avira) vs Iobit beta. And i must say Iobit protects better. But take that with a grain of salt as it was an amateur test of mine, after that i deleted all my stuff on my harddisk and reinstalled Windows.

I would appreciate if someone would test Iobit. As for my experience it made a huge leap forwards.

- I will add Ccleaner & Malwarebytes :)

Thank you for your input

Chromatinfish 123

Level 21
Verified
May 26, 2014
Yes I should test IObit because the last time I tested it was Malware Fighter 2, which performed horrible and Advanced SystemCare Pro ultimately almost trashed my system. However, It seems they have made a comeback, so I will try when my Win Laptop is ready (right now using my mac, which I cannot test any IOBit product on)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Its your choice to have IMF however since its a beta version then the effectiveness with BD signatures are not in the primetime.

If insist then you may use Bitdefender Free which acts pretty good.

For the backup, one of them will be a bootable recovery USB in case of problems occur/ system image. *

* Reinstall of Windows is always a painful process, why not try the alternative steps so you can save more time.

You may use EEK and Zemana both of them for scanning purpose only.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.