System recovery
macrium reflect

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
You may add OSArmor for a better real-time protection, or directly go to Avast Free + Hardened Mode (Moderate or Aggressive).

For Virus and Malware Removal Tools, You may add ZAM Free and Norton Power Eraser.

Personally I use KeyPass 2.39 + Kee offline in FFQ, I have never tried LastPass so wait the comments about it from others users :)

Thanks for sharing :)

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
For password manager: LastPass or keepass?
Definitely KeePass.

Also I would suggest you add Zemana AntiMalware and Emsisoft Emergency Kit as second opinion scanners. Maybe even add Comodo Firewall to your config.

What other extensions do you have for FF & Chrome (other then uBlock Origin) ? So I can make an informed reply back to you.

~LDogg

Raffaele

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Nov 1, 2017
Thanks!
You may add OSArmor for a better real-time protection, or directly go to Avast Free + Hardened Mode (Moderate or Aggressive).

For Virus and Malware Removal Tools, You may add ZAM Free and Norton Power Eraser.

Personally I use KeyPass 2.39 + Kee offline in FFQ, I have never tried LastPass so wait the comments about it from others users :)

Thanks for sharing :)

Avast Free is better than Avira Free?

Reactions: SumTingWong

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
Depends on personal opinion really. Avast is a lot lighter of computer resource usage then Avira. Comes down to what you want I guess.

~LDogg

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
Do you know best free VPN?
You could try Windscribe. It's what I use, tweet 4 data gives you 15GB a month which rolls out when the next month comes in. Never had any problems, also use it on my phone.

~LDogg

CyberTech

Level 44
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017

SumTingWong

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
I don't recommend Norton Power Eraser as an everyday on demand scanner tool because Norton Power Eraser is more aggressive than other on demand scanners that can detect a lot false positives. Only use Norton Power Eraser when you are 100% it is dangerous and not some critical Windows files and services.

Raffaele

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Nov 1, 2017
does the premium version replace avast free? or is it better to have avast free?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.