Rainmeter 2.2 Revision 1037 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

win7holic

Thread author
Apr 20, 2011
Rainmeter is the best known and most popular desktop customization program for Windows. Enhance your Windows computer at home or work with skins; handy, compact applets that float freely on your desktop. Rainmeter skins provide you with useful information at a glance. It's easy to keep an eye on your system resources, like memory and battery power, or your online data streams, including email, RSS feeds, and weather forecasts.

More...

Homepage

Download : Rainmeter 2.2 Revision 1037 Beta
Release Note: Here

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Cool, another update. Surely updating mine. Thanks win.

P

Plexx

Released - Rainmeter 2.2r1078 Beta

Rainmeter 2.2r1078 Beta has been released.

Download link: Here

Change log does not have much but you can view the changes here: Link

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Going to give it a try and see what the main differences are.

P

Plexx

I am running the latest and previous beta build on 2 VMs to identify the changes but so far I am coming empty handed.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
The only differences I can find are that changeable font of the skins that you put on and they changed a.few general settings. Will upload some pictures when I get on ky computer later.

NSG001

Level 16
Verified
Nov 21, 2011
2.2 beta (r1084) now released

December 18, 2011

Rainmeter executables are now digitally signed to prevent changes by malware or other 3rd parties, and to eliminate most if not all "false positives" when scanned by some antivirus applications. The certificate information can be viewed by right clicking any Rainmeter executable (the installer, Rainmeter.exe, Rainmeter.dll, SkinInstaller.exe) and selecting "Properties / Digital Signatures".
A new plugin, Process, has been added to Rainmeter.
This plugin will allow a skin to detect if a defined Windows process or application is running. Details and an example skin are here.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Been testing Rainmeter on my VM and so far found nothing, but will test the latest beta later today. Thanks for the heads up.

P

Plexx

Moment I loaded modules of 2 skins it crashed Rainmeter. Had to reinstall to load Rainmeter again.

Tried to recreate 6 times and crashed randomly 2 times. Unsure if its a bug or not.
Skins used were APB and the one that comes as default.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.