Apr 18, 2016
HP ENVY dv6t-7000 CTO Quad Edition

c03167646.png

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Good specifications, AFAIK upgrading the RAM for most HP laptops are not impossible since the manufacturer created as fixed; but your processor definitely balance the overall performance.

Reactions: Evjl's Rain

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
...any plans to buy a small SSD (128 GB, M.2 or mSATA) and use it for OS/programms and as boot drive?
I aked for the price last summer and they said I had to sacrifice the dvd drive + $100+ -> not worth it

I highly tweaked my pc so it runs 60% as fast aas an ssd. boot time is exceptable. I spent half of my life to learn how to tweak PCs :D

moreover put my browser cache folder to ram drive so it is very fast and won't degrade my hdd. Virtual memory/page file is disabled. 8gb is more than enough for me to play games and perform all my tasks for almost 3 years so far

Good specifications, AFAIK upgrading the RAM for most HP laptops are not impossible since the manufacturer created as fixed; but your processor definitely balance the overall performance.
:cool:
The only problem with this laptop is the battery life. It can only runs 2:30 hrs on daily browsing or max 3:30 hrs of movie watching (hardware accelerated, h264ify, superfetcher disabled when on battery mode)
I dont usually use this laptop unplugged

Last edited:

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
@Evjl's Rain: Well we have no choice as HP in terms of battery performance is not good. I owned HP Notebook 14 and battery last up to 3 hours and 20 minutes as max.
this laptop is the cheapest one (~$890) I could get at that time in my country when eletronics are considered as expensive compared to US
my friend bought an alienware with exactly the same specs but smaller screen (14") for ~$1160
I'm very happy with this laptop in all aspects :D
we have to sacrifice something for something else
HP has a bad reputation for driver supporting as other manufactures keep updating their drivers for a period but HP terminated my driver update early

but at the same price, Dell, asus, sony laptops were no where near my laptop specs

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.