• Fingerprint(s)
SIM card lock
Not protected by a PIN code
Find my Phone
On
Security & Privacy Apps
No Realtime Protection. On-demand/on-installation only
Built-in MIUI apk scanning (Avast Engine) before installation
(Google Play Protect is proven useless anyway)
Browser
Wifi: Samsung Browser
3G/4G: Puffin Browser Pro - max. data saving options
File and Photo backup
Google Automatic Backup, Google Photos, Google Drive,...
Everything Google

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Hello, this is my new device. I'm happy with it
I prefer having maximum productivity, performance and battery life so I don't aggressively turn on all protection layers in this phone
With some slight modifications, I usually get around 11 hours of screen-on time. Sometimes, 12 hours

I want my notifications to appear on lockscreen
Everything is scanned via avast engine (MIUI built-in apk installer) and Virustotal before being installed

I disabled Autoupdate apk and only update manually when there is a stable version. People (including technicians) complain MIUI12 is lagging even on high-end devices!!!
The fastest android version is always the one comes with your phone out-of-the-box
My phone is ultra smooth after I installed the latest stable MIUI11 EU, which fixed some minor bugs and performance issues

I only have 1300MB monthly mobile data (pay $0.7 monthly). With my usage, it has never reached 1GB, although I use data everyday

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Play Protect disabled?
as I explained, it's useless in my case. The system is protected by MIUI apk installer and virustotal.com website
play protect is unlikely to add anything unless it proves itself in the next tests from AV-tests, AV-C and MRG
the detection rate of play protect is currently <60% of known malicious apks

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Have you tried Miui eu ?
I'm using MIUI eu. It's more stable than the chinese rom
however, sometimes, apps malfunction and consume excessive battery in background, reported by both MIUI's battery stats and Gsam ("video on" in 100% of the time in gsam). Restricting background activity in settings or in hidden settings don't work. Killing the apps doesn't work. The only solution is to reboot or switch to other alternatives
It happened to chinese rom too

Vitali Ortzi

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 12, 2016
I'm using MIUI eu. It's more stable than the chinese rom
however, sometimes, apps malfunction and consume excessive battery in background, reported by both MIUI's battery stats and Gsam ("video on" in 100% of the time in gsam). Restricting background activity in settings or in hidden settings don't work. Killing the apps doesn't work. The only solution is to reboot or switch to other alternatives
It happened to chinese rom too
Yeah one miui based issues

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.