Level 47
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
This is my config. I don't use my phone that much and I hate password because I live alone. The phone is almost empty with no personal info or important data
just enable password when I'm with my family

I'm a battery-saving guy. I don't care about anything else but battery life

I recharge my phone every 2-3 days

Also usability is important. I don't want to install any app which is not useful for me like password manager or AV
I monitor battery usage and performance strictly

Last edited:

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
Why not have an antivirus when you've installed apps from outside sources.. you know the Play Store and outside apps can directly or indirectly be exploited.
Sophos has a high rated free AV with essential features. Otherwise, have you enabled Google Play Protect for regular scanning?

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Why not have an antivirus when you've installed apps from outside sources.. you know the Play Store and outside apps can directly or indirectly be exploited.
Sophos has a high rated free AV with essential features. Otherwise, have you enabled Google Play Protect for regular scanning?
tks for your in put but I installed those apps from apkmirror. I always find AVs on android are absolutely useless and juice-wasting
I scanned my phone with 3-4 reputable AVs already then I stopped installing new apps
I resticted apps from background data

LukeLovesSecurity

Level 4
Verified
Jul 28, 2017
If you hate passwords, I recommend you use your fingerprint. It's better than nothing, considering if I stole your phone I would be able to get away with it.

Also consider using an antivirus, at least for on-demand as you expressed it is draining your phone's performance.

Reactions: SHvFl

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
If you hate passwords, I recommend you use your fingerprint. It's better than nothing, considering if I stole your phone I would be able to get away with it.

Also consider using an antivirus, at least for on-demand as you expressed it is draining your phone's performance.
thank you for your comment
I do use fingerprint scanner for a while but now I temporarily disable it for better productivity. it annoyed me sometimes due to sensitivity issue, also for pin code

I did scan my phone with google play protect and several AVs, then I uninstalled them immediately. I will scan again if I want to install something new. Before that, I scan the apk with virustotal and metadefender so AVs usually don't have any use for me

my phone has nothing important, I can fully wipe it without any problem
mainly used for web surfing or something fun

Last edited:

LukeLovesSecurity

Level 4
Verified
Jul 28, 2017
thank you for your comment
I do use fingerprint scanner for a while but now I temporarily disable it for better productivity. it annoyed me sometimes due to sensitivity issue, also for pin code

I did scan my phone with google play protect and several AVs, then I uninstalled them immediately. I will scan again if I eant to install something new. Before that, I scan the apk with virustotal and metadefender so AVs usually don't have any use for me

my phone has nothing important, I can fully wipe it without any problem
mainly used for web surfing or something fun

Ooohhh... That's a pretty smart idea. Never thought of scanning my files on Android with VirusTotal :D

Reactions: Evjl's Rain

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.