Solved Ran AdwCleaner and system won't reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carney

Thread author
Sep 13, 2013
My desktop was slowing down dramatically. I ran a scan, discovered malware - Lucky Leap and other stuff. I then came here, downloaded AdwCleaner and let it run. It found and removed malware, but now my system won't fully reboot. It goes through the basic "windows is loading" and then goes to a blue screen and just sits there.

Security: Bitdefender

If I've left out important information, please let me know. I'm far from an expert!

Thanks for any help -

avkom

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Jul 29, 2013
There are several ways you can try:
- Find out why BSOD happen by provide us the BSOD error message. Probably there's a driver issue.
- Enter safe mode and restore your computer using System Restore before date you installed AdwCleaner to prevent the BSOD.
- Enter safe mode and disable all services and startups. After that see if you can enter normal mode successfully. If yes then try to find out which services/startups that cause the BSOD.

Upvote 0

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Turn off your PC, then turn it back on.
While it is booting keep pressing the "F8" key until you get the Windows black Safe Mode Screen.
Select with the arrows keys on your keyboard "Last Known Configuration".

Allow it to reboot and see if that solves the problem.

Thanks. :D

Upvote 0

Carney

Thread author
Sep 13, 2013
Hi Guys - thank you for the help. I had already tried the F8 "last known configuration" solution without success. I also tried the safe mode solution and, again, it didn't work. However, (and this is very odd) I was exhausted from a trying day and decided to leave the system off and just go have supper. A few hours later, I went back, rebooted and the system rebooted properly. Perhaps the computer was as tired as me! LOL. The only apparent remaining issue is that Outlook somehow got corrupted and won't open. But even i know how to fix that problem. I swear computers have their own agendas sometimes. Thanks again for your help.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.