RandomGuy's Malware Removal 2.0!

RandomGuy

Thread author
Feb 27, 2011
Welcome To RandomGuy's malware removal guide v2.0!

Here we will be covering basic to advanced techniques to keep your computer running!

NOTE: If the following instructions fail, boot into safe mode and try again, or pm me.

Mini dictionary:
A:
Anti-Malware | An anti-malware program will detect and delete malware. (definition below)
Anti-Virus | an anti-virus program is like an anti-malware program except they usually have realtime, hueristics, and other stuff.
M:
Malware | Malware stands for malicious software, it will infect the target pc and triger a payload.
H:
Hueristis | Hueristics mean an anti-virus an look inside a file and see if it is dangerous or not, simply by looking at the code.
R:
Realtime | Realtime means an anti-virus will detect if a file is a virus as soon as it is put onto the system.
Rootkit | A rootkit is a type of malware that will protect another file preventing anything from deleting it.
P:
Payload | A payload is what the virus does when it is activated, say if you open a file and it displayed a message, that would be its payload.

Step One: Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

mbam.png
Malwarebytes is a free anti-malware solution with a super high detection rate and removes most malware I have tested. Download Link. Once you get the program opened up, click on the full scan option. Select all of you're drives and hit scan. From here you can take a break from your computer and go get something to drink, eat, etc. Now when the scan is complete, click on the show results button and delete the infections.

Step Two: Anti-Virus Software
Anti-Viruses:
Pick ONE of these anti-virus software, if you are thinking free i would go with avast! But if you want to pay then use kaspersky.

Avast!
MSE
AVG
Comodo
Kaspersky (paid)
Iobit (Not reccomended)
Norton (paid)

Firewalls:
A firewall is like a shield. It will protect you from unauthorized entering into your system and protect you from criminals such as hackers.

Comodo
Zone-Alarm
(More firewalls coming soon)

Step Three: Rootkit/Virus/Other Removing
Run the first three down below, and all else fails run the ones below it EXCEPT COMBOFIX!

TDSSKiller (Rootkit Killer)
Kaspersky Virus Remover (Virus Remover)
Dr.Web Cureit (Virus and Rootkit Remover)
Hitman Pro (Virus Remover)
SuperAntiSpyware (Virus Remover)
RKill (Process Ender)
ComboFix - PM me before using!

Step 4: Rescue disk's
If you're computer is infected to the point that it wont even boot-up, use a rescue disk!

My opinion: Kaspersky is the best one in my opinion.

2hi85zk.png
Kaspersky
avg.png
AVG
23k3ssk.jpg
UBCD

EDIT HISTORY:
(06\04\11) UBCD added to the rescue disk section.
(06\04\11) Added UBCD logo.
(06\04\11) Made logo smaller.
(06\04\11) Added dictionary and made it easier to understand.

McLovin

Level 78
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Nice guide. Comes in handy for people that might need a bit of help with malware removal.

D

Deleted member 178

in rescue cd section, UBCD should not be forgotten

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
A newbie won't be able to use this tutorial..sorry.
Any guide should have step by step instructions and everything explained so everyone will be able follow it. :)
Go here and you'll be able to see a proper removal guide.

RandomGuy

Thread author
Feb 27, 2011
Jack said:
A newbie won't be able to use this tutorial..sorry.
Any guide should have step by step instructions and everything explained so everyone will be able follow it. :)
Go here and you'll be able to see a proper removal guide.

Hmmm... *Clicks edit button*

Made it a bit easier to understand jack.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.