App Review Adlice RogueKiller Anti-Malware Pro 2024

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Content created by
Shadowra

Shadowra

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
RogueKiller is an anti-malware program published by Adlice.
Formerly developed by a French developer named Tigzy, the project was bought out to make it an antivirus add-on.
It promises real-time protection by blocking cloud-based malware executions, as well as anti-ransomware protection.
Better still, it incorporates a system capable of detecting as yet unknown strains of malware!
All this sounds promising, but... is it effective?

User interface :

The interface is very basic and functionless, and very hard to select.
RogueKiller offers a few configurations, but all this is already interesting by default.
Unfortunately, its resident does not delete files! It simply blocks them. Fortunately, the scan deletes them...

Web protection: 6/9

RogueKiller's Web protection is very basic.
It manages to block a few infections, but also lets through one that installs several and disrupts system operation.

Fake crack : 1/1

RogueKiller blocked the launch without extraction. Good point.

Malware Pack : Remaining 614 out of 630 threats.

I'm disappointed with RogueKiller in the pack, and frankly, I was expecting it.
The product is poorly updated on its virus base, but it also doesn't use its Cloud engines, nor its advanced detection algorythms, which I have activated!
The machine was infected very violently during the test. It will try to block a few attacks, but unfortunately finds itself overwhelmed by one malware after another...

Outside the video, a polymorphic virus transforms all files into .exe files with a skull and crossbones icon... I managed to run KVRT, which detected over 5,000 infections - a record!
I strongly advise against using it.

Capture d'écran 2024-03-12 225450.png

Final scan :

KVRT : 5760
Autoruns: Infected
MalwareBytes : Infected

Final opinion:

RogueKiller offers options that are very poorly used, if at all.
I'm having a hard time coming up with arguments to try and raise the score, but unfortunately, it's all negative!
I don't recommend it for protection, even as a complement to your antivirus.

@vaccineboy request

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
Thanks for your comprehensive review. It's unfortunate that RogueKiller did not live up to your expectations. Your feedback is crucial to help others make informed decisions. Let's hope Adlice makes necessary improvements in future updates.

B-boy/StyLe/

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Mar 10, 2023
But I don’t see any resemblance in the UIs…
Yeah, I didn't say they are similar, just wanted to let @nickstar1 know about that.
As for the test, I wasn't surprised about the poor results. For me RK will always remain a second-opinion scanner the way Zemana was. Yeah, there are better apps like NPE or KVRP for that purpose, but RK can still be useful in some situations, so I still have it in my collections of tools along with MBAM, Zemana, HitmanPro, EEK, etc.

Kongo

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
Yeah, I didn't say they are similar, just wanted to let @nickstar1 know about that.
As for the test, I wasn't surprised about the poor results. For me RK will always remain a second-opinion scanner the way Zemana was. Yeah, there are better apps like NPE or KVRP for that purpose, but RK can still be useful in some situations, so I still have it in my collections of tools along with MBAM, Zemana, HitmanPro, EEK, etc.
Zemana was one of the best scanners a few years back. Really sad that they went downhill so bad...

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.