App Review Webroot SecureAnywhere 2024

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Content created by
Shadowra

Muddy7

Level 2
Verified
Jun 27, 2014
So further to this post I have to announce that I will not be able to test the beta as anytime soon. I registered on the Webroot forum and commented on a post that stated Webroot UI is now tired and needs updating. I mentioned that the green, gradient-filled circle with checkmark is very old, it was modern in the days of Norton 360 and TuneUP Utilities 2010.
Today, I am finding myself banned from the Webroot community — I am a paying user as well.

Webroot is not welcoming user feedback. Another Comodo (paid one). That explains a lot. In contrast, I provided 3-4 recommendations to Check Point and they were all implemented in months.
That's weird! I've just gone to the Webroot Forum and seen that a newly registered Webroot Forum member by the name of pandonus has commented in the Ideas section that the UI is old and needs updating:
Not all Ideas get upvoted (I put in one not so long ago and it got zero upvotes 😳) but this one has got upvoted by all three of the Webroot Forum venerable stalwarts (TripleHelix, ProTruckDriver and Jasper_the_Rasper) and also by a Webroot Forum regular poster jhartnerd123. Not at all surprising really, as the idea that the Webroot UI is very old is completely uncontroversial (personally it doesn't bother me as, as far as I'm concerned, it works fine, but seeing from the upvotes to the Idea, it looks as if I'm in a minority on that one!!).

Incidentally, I see a sixth poster, yourself, who has also upvoted the Idea so your newly created account seems to be still active. i've sent a PM to you on the Webroot Forum to double-check that your account is still active. Please do feel free to respond. I'm wondering if this has to do with the, I don't know what to call it, the Webroot AI bots that flag any posts they don't like for some strange, inscrutable reason and send them to some kind of pending folder where they then eternally languish. This can be quite annoying and it has already happened to me several times. Each time it was TripleHelix who unlocked them. I know you folks are not altogether hunky dory with nor have very warm vibes towards TripleHelix 😂, but sending a PM to TripleHelix might be the quickest and simplest way of getting your post released from this folder and properly posted.

I'm curious to hear if my above theory is what actually heppened, so do keep us posted, Trident.

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
I am not familiar with the Webroot bots, but I see this:
IMG_3161.jpeg

Email:
IMG_3167.jpeg

As for the mod, no feelings towards this folk. Never heard of him in my life 😅😂
But my feelings for Webroot are… not endearing, to say the least.

Last edited:

Muddy7

Level 2
Verified
Jun 27, 2014
@Trident
Weird! Maybe you should reach out to @TylerM, the Webroot Community Manager, with a PM to get further information on what happened?

TripleHelix is a guy I get on fine with, but who just isn't very popular on this Forum here.

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
@Trident
Weird! Maybe you should reach out to @TylerM, the Webroot Community Manager, with a PM to get further information on what happened?

TripleHelix is a guy I get on fine with, but who just isn't very popular on this Forum here.
I can not log-in at all… Unable to message anyone.
They probably checked on my posts here and decided to block me there. Very mature.

Muddy7

Level 2
Verified
Jun 27, 2014
Well, thinking about it since I just posted, there has been some terrible trolling activity in the past by posters from this Forum towards Webroot. For example on Wilders, several got banned for this (it's rare for Wilders to ever ban posters). Early on when I first registered here, I found that any positive post I made about Webroot got mercilessly trolled. Some of the language was pretty gross and I got pretty bruised. In fact, when I even raised the temperature a little bit in my posting, I was almost banned here although my language was (imo) much milder than some of the trolling I was receiving. Since then, the MalwareTips moderators have changed their tone somewhat and gave a subtle signal that trollers here should refrain from their trolling, and the message (fortunately) got through loud & clear. But yes, given this history, I can understand that the Webroot Forum managers might want to keep well away from anything to do with MalwareTips and MalwareTips users, preferring pre-emptive action to destructive trolling. Plus TripleHelix has some weight on the Webroot Forum and he got pretty badly trolled on this Forum, so he might have something to do with it (I'm not sure of that, it's only speculation, but if so I wouldn't blame him given the history).

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
I am not sure what the history with Webroot and MalwareTips is, I am unable to find ProTruckDriver for example, who’s literally everywhere so I’m guessing something’s happened.

This forum has a lot of knowledgeable members who don’t tolerate fairytales such as “our software is great but users don’t understand it and testing organisations don’t get it right”. This reminds me once again of Comodo, whose owner was crying for years to get his software tested and upon failure went around crying how wrong testing bodies are.
We know very well what’s good and what’s not and we tend to provide evidence.

I can’t justify Webroot’s action of blocking a paid user (obviously one asking for refund too). I merely provided feedback that elements of the UI were modern >10 years ago and added screenshots as evidence.
Webroot’s actions can be considered as muting and censorship.
I can accept weak protection, nobody gets that perfect. But this sort of attitude towards users providing their feedback is honestly ridiculous.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.