Ransome ware holding my computer hostage! (Viktigt! Din webbläsaren blev blockerad)

Miricakes

Thread author
Apr 11, 2014
The computer screen shows a ransome webpage or picture that you can't get rid of, the one called "Viktigt! Din webbläsaren blev blockerad". The picture stays on top of any programs I try to run and any windows/boxes that pop up, like taskmanager or confirmation box for installing or running Malwarebytes. The only exception is apps that are started from the "modern ui". Anything involving the desktop as a base is a no go. If I alt+tab I can cycle throught the programs running and I can see taskmaster running, but can't access it, same with the pop-up window to run Malwarebytes. (I tried following the guide http://malwaretips.com/blogs/viktigt-din-webblasaren-blev-blockerad-removal/ but it won't work since I can't access taskmaster).

I tried to get rid of the picture that blocks everything using alt+F4 when the Picture was Active, but nothing. Tried windowskey + x (I Think), nothing) Ctrl+alt+delete starts taskmanager, but I can't make taskmaster window Active, when trying to do so with alt+tab I get kicked back to the ransome Picture.

I tried restoring the computer without changing the files I have saved, via the right hand menu that slides out when the mousepointer is put in the upper right corner on the modern ui, change computer setting and restore. Resulted in a message saying it could not be performed due to an error.

I tried restoring the computer to the original state, the one which it was delivered in from the store, again using the right hand menu bar. That resulted in an error as well the first time I tried. The second and third time I tried, the options under the restore tab won't even load, just a pretty, White, empty section of the screen... I do not have a windows 8 CD or similar since the laptop came with it already installed.

Several reboots have also taken Place during my attempts, of course to no avail. I am my wits end and am desperate for help! Hopefully someone might be able to help! :)

Thanks in advance!
Miri

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Hi,

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool x64 and save it to a flash drive.
  • Plug the flashdrive into the infected PC.
  • Restart your computer and tap F8 to bring up the Advanced Menu, then click Repair your computer
  • Follow the prompt to enter keyboard input method, and then the prompt to enter a password. If the machine does not have a password, simply click Enter.
In the next menu, use the arrow keys on the keyboard to highlight Command Prompt and press Enter.
  • In the command window type in notepad and press Enter.
  • When notepad opens, click File and select Open.
  • Select "Computer" and find your flash drive letter and close the notepad.
  • In the command window type e:\frst64.exe and press Enter.
Note: Replace letter e with the drive letter of your flash drive.
  • The tool will start to run. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press Scan button.

It will make a log (FRST.txt) on the flash drive. Please attach it to your reply.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.