shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Installed without a hitch, and running smoothly.

Reactions: HeiDef

HeiDef

From HeiDef
Verified
Developer
Mar 27, 2017
Installed without a hitch, and running smoothly.

That's good to hear. We'll be releasing another build later this evening/early tomorrow with a few new options as well as expanded process tracking across things like WMI and scheduled tasks to make process termination and artifact cleanup more complete.

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
I recently tested this version in my VM. It blocked almost all of my samples and didn't let anything encrypted, until 1 sample completely locked up the VM and I couldn't continue the test anymore

However, this is still a few compatibility issues. For example, Steganos notify service was not able to work and showed error. Some samples didn't work because of ransomoff but they worked without the product

Reactions: shmu26

HeiDef

From HeiDef
Verified
Developer
Mar 27, 2017
I recently tested this version in my VM. It blocked almost all of my samples and didn't let anything encrypted, until 1 sample completely locked up the VM and I couldn't continue the test anymore

However, this is still a few compatibility issues. For example, Steganos notify service was not able to work and showed error. Some samples didn't work because of ransomoff but they worked without the product

Blocking the VM is better than encryption ;)

Thanks for the tests again @Evjl's Rain. Great feedback as always and we'll continue to work on reducing the compatibility issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.