Solved Ransomware locked on login - Windows 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

noobosalbot

Thread author
Sep 9, 2016
So today, a random file got downloaded as i was updating a few programs on my PC.

before i realized it, the file was running in the background and soon pop ups started showing up left and right as i was trying to kill their processes.

1 min later i get a notification saying im being logged out, with only a OK box, tried to kill it, but it logged me out, i tried to log back in and got a ransomware screen.

i tried all of the things listed in the troubleshooting guide but none have worked.
(system restore cannot use the last restore point, 8/31/2016 because its corrupted, other restore points are tooooo far back to use)
(when i try and run the hitman pro, my system just keeps "attempting to repair" which always fails.)
(the rescue disk shows no virus or malware)

attached is my FRST scan.
please help

Attachments

• FRST.txt
    806.3 KB · Views: 1

noobosalbot

Thread author
Sep 9, 2016
when i login to windows, i get the ransomware/malware-
Windows Activation Error! Code: 0x43098

noobosalbot

Thread author
Sep 9, 2016
after sometime in the forums ive managed to fix my issue.

safe mode into :safe mode with command prompt: then open explorer.exe

from there it was only a matter of deleting folders and countless virus scans and malware scans with several different scanners.
there was just 1 file i had to clean up after all was said and done.

the windows run.vbs file. i had to go into regedit and fix the reg value for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.