Guide | How To Re-Enable Right-Click When Web Pages Turn It Off

The associated guide may contain user-generated or external content.

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
How-To Re-Enable Right-Click When Web Pages Turn It Off - easy solutions here ..

Re-Enable Right-Click When Web Pages Turn It Off : on tech-recipes.com : http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/501/re-enable-right-click-when-web-pages-turn-it-off/

To re-enable right-click when visiting the offending website, type (or copy/paste) the following into the URL bar of your browser:
javascript:void(document.oncontextmenu=null)

-------------

Or: search your link by web proxy ..

Last edited:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Thread Moved.

Having no right-click on some sites is sort of annoying, when you're so used to it being there.

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
.. or hold down 'shift' key of your keyboard, then click on F10.
This action will open the menu window of the right click.

- I wonder, is this going to work, if malicious page, which has no right click, jump in front of my eyes? This could activate the malware ..

F

ForgottenSeer 13700

... typing it in the address bar won't work; it'll work inside the JavaScript/general console, which you can get with Chrome and Firebug.

Also having it as a bookmark works.

I'm Me

Verified
Sep 14, 2013
Arrivance said:
... typing it in the address bar won't work; it'll work inside the JavaScript/general console, which you can get with Chrome and Firebug.

Also having it as a bookmark works.

Where in the console would you type it and how do you go about making it into a bookmark?

Jaspion

Level 17
Verified
Jun 5, 2013
I made it into a bookmark (as typed here and as typed in the article) but that didn't work either on that page.

I was going to look for a place to type it in the console, and found (in SRWare Iron) that I can simply go to the console settings, disable JavaScript, and right-click can now work on http://onebigphoto.com/frog-under-umbrella/ . Maybe it'll work on more pages.

MalwareVirus

Level 1
Oct 6, 2012
In previsious version of firefox ,Firefox has option to enable/disable java script,i use that on some site for enable right click but now it seems gone.But this will work i think disable all java script
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/web-developer/?src=collection&collection_id=da0ecd99-2289-7ab0-7d57-e7c489c845c3

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Jaspion said:
I made it into a bookmark (as typed here and as typed in the article) but that didn't work either on that page.

I was going to look for a place to type it in the console, and found (in SRWare Iron) that I can simply go to the console settings, disable JavaScript, and right-click can now work on http://onebigphoto.com/frog-under-umbrella/ . Maybe it'll work on more pages.

Yes, too on IE, without JavaScript (if unnotched in Tools/IE Options), right click works.

I'm Me

Verified
Sep 14, 2013
I ran into this issue today while working. I needed to right click and copy but the page wouldn't let me. Since I was working in Chrome, I just disabled javascript on that page and then I was able to right click and copy. If you click on the icon in the address bar, Chrome will display a list of permissions for that webpage. You can change the Javascript permission to "always block on this site" and then refresh the page to make it take effect.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.