RE: Infolinks

Formido

Thread author
Mar 30, 2014
Anyone have reliable info on 'Infolinks'? Google searches keep giving conflicting results. One source will say its only installed on a given site to generate advertising dollars, then another will say it has a component that infects PCs. What's the real story?

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Hello @Formido :)

Can you elaborate more on what are you really searching about infolinks because using keyword itself from your title thread will go on advertising dollars something?

What are you searching?

ahsanfreedom

Level 1
Verified
Jan 2, 2015
What's the real story?
The reliable info is on their website
"Infolinks leads the online advertising industry by driving new revenue opportunities for publishers while overcoming banner blindness for advertisers."
Infolinks is an advertisement media for advertiers
Generate dollars / monetizes websites for publishers
It's same as Google Adsense, but Infolinks perform Ad links (Ads shown on every clickable links on a website)
I've been with them for awhile, few years ago.
then another will say it has a component that infects PCs
I don't really know
May it caused by their advertisers who generate campaign for malicious URLs. That's just my opinion :D

Formido

Thread author
Mar 30, 2014
Hello @Formido :)

Can you elaborate more on what are you really searching about infolinks because using keyword itself from your title thread will go on advertising dollars something?

What are you searching?

My question was is Infolinks site-specific (i.e does it only exist on the site), or does it have some noxious component that will infest my PC if I visit a site that allows its residency. After further Google searching, it appears that Infolinks will infect my PC:

http://malwaretips.com/blogs/infolinks-popup-virus/

So this means I must find and deploy countermeasures against it.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.