Real Site (Secure DNS) no longer part of Avast Premier?! (Updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Update: It's a bug. Users are advised to repair Avast and reboot, it should resolve any issues.

This happened. Bug or intentional?

"Safe Payments and Banking: SecureDNS, Anti-Spam, SafeZone browser". | Premier | Best Avast Antivirus | Complete Protection | Avast

"SecureDNS can be found in Pro Antivirus, Internet Security and Premier". | Secure your DNS | Defend against DNS hijacking attack

No mention of Secure DNS - "Avast premium products, such as SecureLine VPN, Cleanup, and Passwords Premium, also require a paid license." | Avast Antivirus 2016: Settings - Subscription & Registration

realsitepaid.png

Last edited:
W

Wave

I only updated to the new Avast Premier version 2 days ago and when I went to Secure DNS it said it was all working and available, but after I disabled Secure DNS it changed to this page and told me it was a paid feature and doesn't come with Avast Premier, too. However, if I recall, I thought it was included with Premier?

I am confused as well. :(o_O

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
this version is very buggy
- mismatched rules between firewall settings and the main UI
- Firewall rules mysteriously disappeared
- Now I can't shutdown my laptop using Start menu -> it reboots instead. I can shutdown only by pressing the power button => it shutdowns normally
- Slow UI opening and high memory usage when the UI is opened
- IDP-detected items cannot be deleted from Virus Chest

those are a few bugs I have experienced myself within a few days. There are many more from other users as I don't play around with avast's settings too much

F

ForgottenSeer 55474

It sounds and looks crazy,i have had avast premier my self:eek:

Reactions: Wave

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Perform an Avast Repair or Windows reboot and should solve the bug.

Reactions: Wave and JM Safe

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
My Heidmal Pro licence expired, so it's no longer an option for me, but otherwise I ran it with Windows Defender on another PC.

There's a sub-section on avast forums for new ideas about SecureLine VPN - check it out.

Reactions: Wave

Alikhan

Level 2
Verified
Oct 14, 2015
Have you tried running an Avast Repair?

The issue here is that Avast has renamed the Component to Real Site from SecureDNS. It is of my understanding that during some program updates, the name hasn't been changed to Real Site so the signatures wouldn't match 2017 leading for the Program to believe that the Component is not included in that version.

A repair should fix this issue, if not, definitely a clean install.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Resolved, see first post.
Have you tried running an Avast Repair?

The issue here is that Avast has renamed the Component to Real Site from SecureDNS. It is of my understanding that during some program updates, the name hasn't been changed to Real Site so the signatures wouldn't match 2017 leading for the Program to believe that the Component is not included in that version.

A repair should fix this issue, if not, definitely a clean install.

Real Site is part of Internet Security and Premier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.