shmu26

Level 70
Content Creator
Verified
OS
Windows 10
Kaspersky didn't ace it this time, but Windows Defender did (although much too many FPs).
Interesting to note that the test systems have on them: Java, Adobe Reader, and other software (assumedly, MS Office): "Currently, we are running this test under Microsoft Windows 10 Pro RS4 64 Bit with up-to-date third-party software (such as Adobe Flash, Adobe Acrobat Reader, Java, etc.)."
So if you don't have these malware-magnets on your system, you can expect better results.

Lockdown

From AppGuard
Developer
Verified
My God, what happened to BullGuard and Emsisoft? :emoji_fearful:
Emsisoft did 96.5 % or better. That is a very good result. All of them did 92 % or better.

Even if all did 100 % it doesn't mean much of anything. Default allow permits a user to execute stuff, which is playing Russian Roulette with the system. Every last one of them will fail precisely because they are default allow.

Kaspersky didn't ace it this time, but Windows Defender did (although much too many FPs).
Interesting to note that the test systems have on them: Java, Adobe Reader, and other software (assumedly, MS Office): "Currently, we are running this test under Microsoft Windows 10 Pro RS4 64 Bit with up-to-date third-party software (such as Adobe Flash, Adobe Acrobat Reader, Java, etc.)."
So if you don't have these malware-magnets on your system, you can expect better results.
It's not an exploit protections test. Whether those products are on the system or not probably won't change the results.

Lockdown

From AppGuard
Developer
Verified
Weaponized MS Office docs and PDFs are not among the samples tested??
Actually, I bothered to read the methodology. "Working exploits" - whatever those are. I suppose they used a slightly out of date version of browsers, Office, Adobe... what have you.

As if any of this really matters. No matter which default allow solution is used, it is Russian Roulette.

Latest Posts

Latest Threads