Recommended browser extensions for security and safety?

Stenly

Level 1
Thread author
Jul 11, 2017
For the ones saying there isn't any ghostrank in ghostery. I dug around too, couldn't find any option to disable it, but, google it, and there will be lots of revieuws saying that they send data and, i once installed there browser on my phone, and in the set up, they even mentioned that they send data anonymously, and again no option to diable it therefore I think its better to leave it aside and use something similair.

212eta

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
May 11, 2011
uBlock Origin, NoScript, and HTTPS Everywhere are highly recommended,
as they are among the most used ones. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Stenly

Glashouse

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Jun 4, 2017
NoScript for Firefox or Scriptsafe for Chrome + HTTPS Everywhere and one of the already mentioned add blockers... depending on the needs you my also want to disable WebRTC if you are using VPNs.

Reactions: Stenly

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.