Advice Request recommended settings for Qihoo 360?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrFc1908

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
if you want a snappy system I would say yes , plus their cloud engine is very good. when you are a paranoid user it is best to turn on all of the available engines , the risk of fp's will be dramaticaly higher ofcourse :) that is my main reason for dropping 360 when I used it some time ago.....the fp rate was way to crazy for me. bitdefender engine is enabled by default in this version?

shmu26

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
aside from extra AV engines, anything else important to know about the settings?

Reactions: Der.Reisende

shmu26

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
if you want a snappy system I would say yes , plus their cloud engine is very good. when you are a paranoid user it is best to turn on all of the available engines , the risk of fp's will be dramaticaly higher ofcourse :) that is my main reason for dropping 360 when I used it some time ago.....the fp rate was way to crazy for me. bitdefender engine is enabled by default in this version?
by default, bitdefender is on, avira is off. I have it on default.
so far I have not seen many FPs in malware detection, just a couple justifiable detections (a hacking tool and a rare software).
but the HIPS/BB is a bit on the paranoid side, which is probably good.

sunrise

Level 2
Verified
Aug 2, 2014
Click the lighting shield icon. Click customize, enable webcam blocker, anti keylogger, file modification.
Click the gear icon and click monitor all files.

I am writing this from the the top of my head. Sorry if it's not complete but more or less that's how to make it more secure.

Reactions: Der.Reisende

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
out of the box, it is "balanced" protection.
stay with that?
tweak?
I'd suggest switching to "Security" preset, in case you're out of internet once. You'll have all settings activated and BD and Avira engines working offline. If you want, switch on PUP detection in settings, but I did not notice any difference when using the product in the past.
On my system, I didn't notice a change in RAM usage with "Balanced" vs "Security" preset. Only thing I noticed updating BD engines was a bit on the buggy side.

I've made a review here - User Review - Qihoo Total Security 8.6.0.1158 - if interested, feel free to read it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.