Recover Quarantined Threats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
Still didn't fix the issue @brod56 :(

But I'm narrowing it down. The only thing's I've done on this PC since the reset is:

Install:
Chrome
Comodo
Thunderbird
LibreOffice
CCleaner
PC games that dont run in memory.
Classic Shell

Disabled:
Non-important services (Geo location) nothing that should interrupt Windows Defender

ONLY registry tweak I did was to enable PUP scanning/detection in Windows defender. Deleted the changes and it didn't fix the issue

The problem occurred again after all of this was done. So I am guessing it has something to do with one of these apps/changes.
Please uncheck Windows Defender cleaning from CCleaner. Maybe its deleting WD history and logs after running Clean.

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
I don't know what version of ASC you guys tried, but i've been using the Pro version for some months now, even used the registry fixers and worked with no problems at all, never had a counter-consequence. I'd trust a company much more than a registry hack or script i find on the web. You just give softwares bad reputation for individual problems you have...
I reckon you have any older PC with you, if so use ASC and see the system slowing down and corrupting random parts in registry after couple of months. After couple of days or months , uninstall ASC from your old PC using Revo Complete Uninstall and you'll see system is a lot snappier w/o ASC.
System Optimizers isn't even needed anymore on modern PC/OS, just CCleaner and some tweaking tools to amp up your Windows Installation.
I used ASC 3-6 PRO using giveaway keys and stopped using them after switching to W7 and above. They are extinct to tell you the truth. Use WinAero Tweaker to make Windows more snappy by skipping animation or transition effects and even telemetry.

Last edited:

Antimalware18

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2014
I reckon you have any older PC with you, if so use ASC and see the system slowing down and corrupting random parts in registry after couple of months. After couple of days or months , uninstall ASC from your old PC using Revo Complete Uninstall and you'll see system is a lot snappier w/o ASC.
System Optimizers isn't even needed anymore on modern PC/OS, just CCleaner and some tweaking tools to amp up your Windows Installation.
I used ASC 3-6 PRO using giveaway keys and stopped using them after switching to W7 and above. They are extinct to tell you the truth. Use WinAero Tweaker to make Windows more snappy by skipping animation or transition effects and even telemetry.

Thanks, I might do that to help PC speed.

As for the issue, I solved it myself. The issue was Comodo surprisingly. I decided to test to see how it ran after I uninstalled comodo and as soon
as the reboot was complete WD was back sitting there running perfectly.

wondering if there's a incompatibility between the two on my system.

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
Thanks, I might do that to help PC speed.

As for the issue, I solved it myself. The issue was Comodo surprisingly. I decided to test to see how it ran after I uninstalled comodo and as soon
as the reboot was complete WD was back sitting there running perfectly.

wondering if there's a incompatibility between the two on my system.
Latest W10 patch will cause issues Comodo products.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.