Troubleshoot Red Light on PC blinking and often stays on. svchost.exe (netsvc) running at 900 000K

zlatomir9

Thread author
Verified
Apr 4, 2015
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
System working very slow while opening any program.
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
None
So before about 2-3 days my PC started working very very slow and the red light is blinking alot and often stays on. I have found that the svchost.exe (netsvc) runs at 900 000K in the task manage. Any solutions?

Last edited:
A

Antivirus Tester

So before about 2-3 days my PC started working very very slow and the red light is blinking alot and often stays on. I have found that the svchost.exe (netsvc) runs at 900 000K in the task manage. Any solutions?

Sounds like svchost is corrupted

Upvote 0

Paul B.

Level 4
Verified
Dec 21, 2014
What is the red light, battery or wifi? My guess is wifi, and it sounds like something is connecting.

Go to Task Manager (CTRL-Shift-Esc) and go to the Networking tab, and see what the network is doing.

Then go to the processes tab, sort by CPU and find what is the big user. If it's srchost, right click on it and go to the services it is running.

If network was high, does disconnecting free up CPU?

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.