RedBeard's Config

Redbeard

Thread author
Jan 4, 2014
Been lurking around on the forum for a few weeks. Never was really serious about security until I started working at a retailer with a tech repair services. Always looking to learn something new and get better at what I already know. Hopefully I can get some good feedback on my setup.

Redbeard

Thread author
Jan 4, 2014
Only had it on here for a few weeks. Prior to that I was running Mcafee (don't remember the version). So far no troubles but I am constantly testing scanners (MBAM, Hitman Pro...) to use at work. On the off chance something gets through it only stays there for a couple of days max. I do like that it's free and that its resource footprint in almost non-existent. I will definitely post a review thread after it has been on here for awhile.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Other software installed on this machine worth mentioning: glary utilities (thanks for the giveaway)
You are welcome :)

And about your security config : Everything seems OK... Just, did you consider upgrading to Windows 7 or 8 (8.1) as they are lighter than Vista and more secure.
Anyway, thanks for sharing your config

Redbeard

Thread author
Jan 4, 2014
Upgrade is too expensive for the time being. Planning in upgrading the whole machine when the funds are available and turning the current one into a test machine.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.