Advice Request Regarding on NVT EXE Radar PRO?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@Davidov: What do you mean? Voodoshield provide as much as possible an anti-exploit functionality that blocks any possible scripts to execute same goes to NVT too.

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
@Davidov: What do you mean? Voodoshield provide as much as possible an anti-exploit functionality that blocks any possible scripts to execute same goes to NVT too.
Apparently VoodooShield had integrated a basic anti-exploit function. I don't think EXE Radar Pro has that, at most what it does have is the "Vulnerable process" function which I think could help protect processes from being exploited. Though other users like @Umbra and @hjlbx could confirm or deny that.

CMLew

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
Apparently VoodooShield had integrated a basic anti-exploit function. I don't think EXE Radar Pro has that, at most what it does have is the "Vulnerable process" function which I think could help protect processes from being exploited. Though other users like @Umbra and @hjlbx could confirm or deny that.

That's what I thought too.
Possibly what could happen is that in NVT you can whitelist them and put it into vulnerable process. Then set it to alert mode. But that's about it.
Correct me if I'm wrong. :oops:

Anyway, side topic here.
Another question on NVT too.

Recently I've been updating softwares like ZAM, EIS and such.
I realise when NVT set to Alert mode, it prompt twice: one is exe and another one is TMP.
Is that normal? Thought NVT wouldn't block/alert those non-exe?

D

Deleted member 178

NVT doesn't block exploit, but it monitors the child processes, that is maybe why the tmp files are detected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.