Regedit stored on hard drive or memory

Holly

Thread author
Dec 10, 2014
Use Ubuntu livecd or UBCD or HBCD to wipe your whole drive though you will lose your OEM's recovery partition & its utilities.
I've used dban an diskkill I think they do the same thing?

Ali80

Level 5
Verified
Nov 13, 2014
Hello Holy. Did you tried any of the tools that i suggested you to remove virus??? When you suspect that you have virus on your system... very first step is to scan your computer with antivirus software. Tools that i mentioned are best at it. Why you suspect your BIOS is infected with virus??? Very rare infection by the way. But, however, if you think that it is BIOS virus - BOOTKIT - you can use Kaspersky TDSS Killer Utility.

A BOOTKIT is a type of malware that infects the Master Boot Record (MBR). This infection method allows the malicious program to be executed before the operating system boots. As soon as BIOS (Basic Input Output System) selects an appropriate boot device (it can be a hard disk or a flash drive), the bootkit that resides in the MBR starts executing its code. Once the bootkit receives the control, it usually starts preparing itself (reads and decrypts its auxiliary files in its own file system that it has created somewhere in the unallocated disk space) and returns the control to the legitimate boot loader overseeing all stages of the boot process. The main feature of a bootkit is that it cannot be detected by standard means of an operating system because all its components reside outside of the standard file systems. Some types of bootkits hide even the fact that the MBR has been compromised by returning the legitimate copy of the MBR when an attempt to read it has been made. A system infected with a bootkit can be cured with the TDSSKiller utility - from Kaspersky website. You can download it here (it's free):
http://support.kaspersky.com/viruses/solutions/2727#block2

Last edited:
Reactions: donetao

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.