Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
February 2013 : RegSeeker Version 2.4 BETA Released

Homepage: http://www.hoverdesk.net/
Download: Windows XP, Vista, 7 - 32-bit and 64-bit - Installer or Portable
Note: Installer comes with Babylon toolbar (Potentially Unwanted Program)

About

RegSeeker is the all-in-one toolbox for your Windows. It includes a powerful registry search and cleaner tool. Take full control of your startup entries, services, drivers, histories, junk files (protect your privacy), installed applications, browsers extensions, and more ! With RegSeeker you'll exactly know what is installed and running on your PC.

Features

• Greatly improved the Startup/Services/Drivers/Applications/Junk files panels
  • You can now Start/Stop any Service/Driver and change Service startup
  • Easy view for Service/Driver status (green balloon=running / red balloon=stopped)
  • Startup entries : Internet Explorer Add-ons (BHO, Toolbars, Extensions, ActiveX)
  • Windows 64 Bits support improvements, small fixes and optimization for registry export and much more ! (See full changelog)

Screenshot - I'm aware the image may not be displaying.

RegAbout.PNG

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
It is a BETA release, for some reason the developer removed v.1.55 stable and replaced it with a BETA release.

I believe this is the third BETA probably getting close to the final release.

Thanks.:D

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Sorry, but stay away from all registry cleaners, it's better for your PC stability ..

Ancient 'stable' version (that caused the PC problems, erasing the valid files or Windows registry entries .. lived by myself ..) has the too aggressive button (NEVER use it!): 'Clean StreamMRU/Streams keys' -
- which delete StreamMRU, Stream (these deletions are the culprits of your eventual problems ..) and ShellNoRoam\Bags.

It's adviced to clean the folder informations on \ShellNoRoam\BagMRU and \ShellNoRoam\Bags only.

Yes, it's PC performance which may deteriorate if you often move the various windows, because each change is recorded and stored in Windows Registry ..

To clean many differents MRU lists, I use safe and easy MRU-Blaster, which is sufficient .. Link to download MRU-Blaster : on developer home page brightfort.com : http://www.brightfort.com/mrublaster.html

I used too ShellBagsView v1.15 by Nirsoft ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.