SOLVED Reimageplus strikes again, and again, and again

Discussion in 'Malware Removal Assistance For Windows' started by maffa, Jul 4, 2017.

Tags:

Need Malware Removal Help?

We offer free malware removal assistance to our members. Sign Up now, and get free malware removal support.

1. maffa

maffa Level 1

Jul 4, 2017
    ITALY
    Windows 10
    Malwarebytes
    Operating System:
    Windows 10
    Are you using a 32-bit or 64-bit operating system?:
    64-bit (x64)
    Infection date and initial symptoms:
    June 29 i think. First a popup from an indian scammer site (which is quite new to me since i dont live in an English speaking country) then reimageplus and a few other would appear as redirect, popups and popunders.
    Current issues and symptoms:
    Cannot use chrome as any attempt to click anywhere on any page (even a blank pages) results on a redirect, a popup or a popunder. Only chrome is affected, i am currently using Edge.
    Steps taken in order to remove the infection:
    Malwarebytes, avira, avast, adwcleaner, spybot search and destroy, ccleaner, cleaned cache several times. i only got a number of false positives which i deleted anyways for good measure. Excluded reimageplus on hosts file to prevent further infections. Uninstalled and reinstalled Chrome to no avail.
    Logs added to help request:
    • FRST.txt
    • Addition.txt
    • I've also uploaded logs from other scans that I've performed
    I usually use Win Defender and AdBlock as security softwares, and Ccleaner and Wise registry cleaner for general maintenance.

Thank you for your time and effort.

Attached Files:

2. TwinHeadedEagle

TwinHeadedEagle Removal Expert
    Staff Member

Mar 8, 2013
    Malware Removal, Gaming
    Windows 7
    ESET
    Hello,

Is this happening only with Chrome?

maffa likes this.
  3. maffa

maffa Level 1

Jul 4, 2017
    ITALY
    Windows 10
    Malwarebytes
    Hi! as i wrote above, i tried both cleaning repeteadly the cache, and yes it happens only with Chrome, but resets and uninstals didnt get me any good.

I forgot to mention i also checked HijackThis to no avail either.

4. TwinHeadedEagle

Staff Member

Mar 8, 2013
    Malware Removal, Gaming
    Windows 7
    ESET
    Your computer isn't infected. You should install an ad blocker: uBlock Origin

maffa likes this.
  5. maffa

maffa Level 1

Jul 4, 2017
    ITALY
    Windows 10
    Malwarebytes
    hoiw can it not be? i cannot even load new pages properly without having popups and popunders..? It had never happened before...

6. TwinHeadedEagle

Staff Member

Mar 8, 2013
    Malware Removal, Gaming
    Windows 7
    ESET
    Can you check your extensions in chrome?

Type chrome://extensions in address bar.

maffa likes this.
  7. maffa

maffa Level 1

Jul 4, 2017
    ITALY
    Windows 10
    Malwarebytes
    Sure: AdBlock, Adobe reader and Video Downloader All. I downloaded them all some time ago on purpose from the proper channel.

I wish to make clear that as soon as a page whatsoever downloads, an overlay is loaded on top of it where any click no matter the place starts the redirects popups and popunders. I checked it via Chrome's own developer tools.

8. TwinHeadedEagle

Staff Member

Mar 8, 2013
    Malware Removal, Gaming
    Windows 7
    ESET
    [​IMG] Fix with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

[​IMG] This fix was created for this user for use on that particular machine. [​IMG]
    [​IMG] Running it on another one may cause damage and render the system unstable. [​IMG]

Download attached fixlist.txt file and save it to the Desktop:

Both files, FRST and fixlist.txt have to be in the same location or the fix will not work!

• Right-click on [​IMG] icon and select [​IMG] Run as Administrator to start the tool.
      (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File).
    • Press the Fix button just once and wait.
    • If for some reason the tool needs a restart, please make sure you let the system restart normally. After that let the tool complete its run.
    • When finishes FRST will generate a log on the Desktop, called Fixlog.txt.

Please attach it to your reply.

Attached Files:

Sunshine-boy likes this.
  9. maffa

maffa Level 1

Jul 4, 2017
    ITALY
    Windows 10
    Malwarebytes
    Unfortunately the fix didnt work. Chrome is as erratic as it was before.

Attached Files:

10. maffa

maffa Level 1

Jul 4, 2017
    ITALY
    Windows 10
    Malwarebytes
    Wait, i did a Chrome reset after your fix and it seems everything is back on course. I will keep you posted for updates but as for now everything seems okay... thank you for your help

Sunshine-boy likes this.