Advice Request Reliable and affordable mid-range smartphone?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Vitali Ortzi

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 12, 2016
I live on the Same country and my brother owns the redmi note 9.
Best spec price to performance new phone you can get here in Israel and has NFC so Ravkav is fully working.

only downside is overheating and no rom support as of now(lack of development since it's not a popular SOC) .
Oh and it's a little heavy as well.

Anyway I would recommend debloating via adb and having a secondary non fast charger in case the device is too hot to fast charge.
You can see a price comparison in this website :

Last edited:

shmu26

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I live on the Same country and my brother owns the redmi note 9.
Best spec price to performance new phone you can get here in Israel and has NFC so Ravkav is fully working.

only downside is overheating and no rom support as of now(lack of development since it's not a popular SOC) .
Oh and it's a little heavy as well.

Anyway I would recommend debloating via adb and having a secondary non fast charger in case the device is too hot to fast charge.
You can see a price comparison in this website :
Yes, I think that is the best value for the price in our country. If I have infinite patience to wait for delivery, I can even order it from China and save a little:

F

ForgottenSeer 78429

How does Exynos compare to Snapdragon? Are both solid, reliable chips?
I am not looking for beast power, just a reliable product.
I would recommend Samsung Galaxy A50 which comes with Exynos 9610. I am using it since one and half yesr. For me it is working perfect no problem or lag with browsing or multitasking. It can handle a little gaming too with good fps. After one year use it still runs like new. Regarding Redmi phones some of my friends have it and they say that it is good for performance but not for the long run. After around 18 months they are having heating and performance issues. Regarding onscreen fingerprint scanner it has improved a lot. Now it performs just like rear fingerprint scanner and it was its major problem at start. But if you buy any samsung phone you have to remove a lot of bloatware.
Samsung Galaxy A50 - Full phone specifications
Or you can take a look at Galaxy A50s
Samsung Galaxy A50s - Full phone specifications
If you want Snapdragon chip you can consider Galaxy A70.
Samsung Galaxy A70 - Full phone specifications

Last edited by a moderator:

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
I would just get anything with decent specs and Android One, anything else will come with pre-installed bloat and poor support.
I second this. Decent config with Android One's are the best thing now. No bloat, no over optimization to make battery last longer by sacrificing timely notifications, no phoning home to for tracking purposes, faster updates, etc goodies. Btw, all Nokia phones are also Android One phone.

Mountainking

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Jan 10, 2018
Your problem is not your Xiaomi phone. It's the specs that suck. You get what you pay for. Any phone whether it is Samsung, Xiaomi, Huawei are going to struggle if you feed them 2 GB RAM and an anemic CPU which was probably ok 3 years ago.
You should move to snapdragon 6xx chips or 7xx.... 3/4GB RAM is a bare mimimum.

That said, the MOST BANG FOR THE BUCKS are realme, xiaomi, Huawei, Lenovo. I would also consider other brands like oppo, meizu. Stay away from ulefone.

Edit: Disclaimer: I've had Samsung Gio, Redmi 1s, Redmi note 3 pro, Redmi Mi8 SE and until recently redmi 5A (for wife) swapped for
Lenovo Z5s L78071, Redmi Note 7 devices.

They have been providing me the best bang for the bucks and were easily shipped internationally. Recently, I've become quite annoyed with ADS SYSTEM WIDE on their phones. I've had to disable all their native apps and install paid third party apps. If I cannot adbshell or block those apps if I'm in the market for a new phone, I will axe Xiaomi.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.