Remarkbly rubbish review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chigwells

Level 4
Thread author
Jan 16, 2012
Pcmag.com gave Comodo firewall a pretty poor review, then confusingly awards it an excellent:
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2414836,00.asp, the comment by Jc Biggs adds an interesting contrast.

Also http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2414905,00.asp, not particularly good reviews I thought, Chig. :sleepy:

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
PCMag Reviews are all crap, not only this one that applies to Comodo.

At one time their reviews were pretty good, but money got involved and their reviews kept getting worse.

Thanks.:D

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
Littlebits said:
PCMag Reviews are all crap

At one time their reviews were pretty good, but money got involved and their reviews kept getting worse.

Exactly what we need, More sites employing the TopTenReviews model... :rolleyes:

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2013
Personally i do not give much about reviews, for the plane and simple reason they are a snapshot of a limited time.
For example i am using SEP 12.1 and it did have loads of reviews which did not class it as a superB program.
Fact however is that it actually is, and with the right config and the right usage as its intended it beats the competition hands down.
As i am using it for years.

Same goes for comodo, i do not have any love for comodo, but honor to those who deserve it their firewall is not bad, infact its pretty good. Their anti virus however could be classed as a virus itself lol.

My point here is having a serious site reviewing your product can be really good, IF and only if that site actually does review the program in a proper way according to well known and structured protocols and procedures. Then and only then you get accurate results.
But having just a skilled internet guru play around with settings and such to test the program does not say much about the program itself imo.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
PCMag = TopTenReviews

They are really just same type of misleading reviews.

Users who are using Comodo and others definitely have better experience than magazine reviewers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.