Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
It looks like Activision will bring back dusty old video game label Sierra.

A new video, published yesterday by a channel called Sierra Games, revealed a fancy new logo, and promised more information at Gamescom next week. The Sierra.com website has been revived, too.

Sierra was responsible for a number of much-loved 1980s adventure games and, later, published Crash Bandicoot and Spyro the Dragon games. Space Quest, King's Quest and Police Quest all launched under its banner.

In 2003 Sierra published Relic Entertainment's real-time strategy game Homeworld 2 before shifting to focus on online games. In 2007 it released World in Conflict and Timeshift.

But following the 2008 merger between Activision and Videndi, which owned Sierra at the time, the company was shut down. Now current trademark owner Activision Publishing appears to be reviving it. But for what?

Cowpipe

Level 16
Verified
Well-known
Jun 16, 2014
Bring back the old logo with the dust blowing off the mountain :) Some jelly texture 3D, 7th gen console style model just doesn't have the same magic. I'm just waiting for a mad man to run in, take the whole staff of Travellers Tales hostage and demand that they change the logo back to the fox. Oh how I hate the logos of video games of today.

kev216

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
nice to see it's coming back. I still remember i played games from it ;)

Reactions: Cowpipe

kev216

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
The first game I played was Crash Bandicoot? Anyone else here who first played that game too?
I played it a long time ago, when PS 1 was the top machine :)

Cowpipe

Level 16
Verified
Well-known
Jun 16, 2014
The first game I played was Crash Bandicoot? Anyone else here who first played that game too?

Check my intro post, I have it as my favourite game :) All of the Crash Bandicoot games from the Naughty Dog era are firm favourites of mine (1,2,3,CTR) and also CB which was not Naughty Dog but still involved Mark Cerny's skillful mind ;)

Reactions: kev216

kev216

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
I hope they release some new fantastic games :)

D

Deleted member 21043

@Cowpipe No I don't know the story but what I do know is the game is great ;)
I'd say second best game developers are Ubisoft but Naughty Dog, always first. Have you played Uncharted?

Cowpipe

Level 16
Verified
Well-known
Jun 16, 2014
D

Deleted member 21043

If only they made a "Cash Bandicoot open world game maker" to make custom maps... Although they'd have to make a new modern version of it. They should make a new Crash Bash for like PS4 with racing etc and online play, pixel perfect graphics etc. It sounds bad idea but if its done well...
Yes, great game! ~ I'd thoroughly recommend reading "Making Crash Bandicoot" written by programmer Andy Gavin, it's an essential read for anyone who's a fan of Crash Bandicoot and computers :p http://all-things-andy-gavin.com/2011/02/02/making-crash-bandicoot-part-1/

vrb93

Level 5
Verified
Jan 15, 2014
Homeworld was one of the most revolutionary games ever for its times :)
And it was freakin hard to play ;)

WinXPert

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jan 9, 2013
I played it too but not my first video game. My first was PONG, I assembled it (DIY Kit) back in the 80's

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.