Removal/Uninstall Google Chrome in Windows 8.1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
No one else replied?

If you can install Chrome, then you can uninstall Chrome. If you cannot uninstall Chrome, then you can re-install and uninstall or remove manually.

I plan to upgrade to Windows 8.1 this week, I'll let you know if I find any troubles running my portable programs, stored on my SkyDrive. :D

Moose

Level 22
Thread author
Jun 14, 2011
Earth:

I heard that Google Chrome is going to be build into Windows 8.1? This is why I ask if you can Uninstall/Removal
of Google Chrome? Looking forward to hearing from you about SkyDrive?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Not sure where you read that, but it's mostly untrue.

Unless you're talking about this, Browser Choice Screen.
http://news.softpedia.com/news/Windows-8-1-RTM-Gets-Browser-Choice-Screen-388026.shtml

IE11 will be included in Windows 8.1, as well as Skype which replaces the Messaging app.
http://www.theverge.com/2013/8/15/4623780/skype-built-into-windows-8-1-microsoft-confirms

Moose

Level 22
Thread author
Jun 14, 2011
Thanks! For the insight and information. Make life a little easy!

technology

Level 7
Verified
Jul 5, 2013
Moose said:
Earth:

I heard that Google Chrome is going to be build into Windows 8.1? This is why I ask if you can Uninstall/Removal
of Google Chrome? Looking forward to hearing from you about SkyDrive?

that's incorrect, Google Chrome is not build into win 8.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.