• Thread starter Deleted member 2913
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Salutations, Friends!

Any problems and/or detection as a malware that is the removal tool to remove Windows 10 Spying Features?
Just wanting to make sure that I did not have any headaches after I use this tool?
It better to be safe than sorry!

Should have read first ,below:

- Is it safe to run? Maybe, there is a virus/malware in it.
- No there is no any of them. Check out VirusTotal page https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/...42425f3542fa6be6aee6b2d6/analysis/1439210468/

Kind regards,;)

Last edited:
H

hjlbx

Thread author
Unfortunately, I think there is no going back. What I mean is that typical users will not realize that their data is insecure - whether it is on their PCs or the phones. It will only continue with future versions of Windows.

Techies like us are an extremely small minority of overall users. The only way this will all stop is if there is a massive outcry from typical users... either protests, mass migration to Linux or both...

Reactions: NekoJonez

pneuma1985

Level 4
Verified
Aug 30, 2015
I was wondering if anyone had verified the source code of this app? And made sure everything is clean I see the hosts list is a bit much but j/w if any others have had any issues what so ever after using it?

pneuma1985

Level 4
Verified
Aug 30, 2015
Yeah I did It all manually and several other sites basically have the same tutorials some slightly different but I ran this on one of my test machines and noticed that my browser was hijacked by yahoo! Now I am in no way saying that this did it but I was pretty sure that I didnt download anything aside from chromodo and this and run on it on that machine. And the browser wasnt hijacked before. I removed yahoo as a search engine option I changed it back to google and yet every new tab I bring up is still yahoo. I wasn't sure if this did it or not that's why I asked if anyone has seen the source code for this or anything like that... I could have gotten the browser hijacked some other way just not exactly sure how it could have happened in the span of a few hours and all I did was run this program and chromodo. Thank god I didnt run it on my workstation... Just making sure we aren't getting any pups when we install these win10 anti-spy software. From what I've read alot of these antispy programs being released are riddled with pups. He shows the virustotal results for his program, but as far as pups go that doesn't mean much. And Im interested in O&O ShutUp10 for sure I'd like to hear what your results were with it if you dont mind?

Also I was wondering about the validity of the hosts list and if anyone else has a different block hosts lists? TcpView should help us with that. TCPView for Windows

Last edited:
Reactions: Moose
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.