Advice Request Replace LastPass with MyKi password manager?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike6688

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Sep 27, 2017
I've been looking to replace LastPass on Android and on my PC (Chrome browser) with MyKi. It seems to have more security advantages over LastPass and better design. Has anyone else used it? What do you think?

Reactions: spaceoctopus

fl00dz

Level 1
Sep 6, 2018
This actually looks pretty decent. Some key points I came across is the fact that it's stored on your phone and not the cloud. One thing though, is if you lose your phone or someone steals it, you're kinda out of luck. In this case, redundancy would be important, but they have an option to backup on your computer. That's just one extra step. It also supports MFA which is awesome. I can see this being used for someone that does not have hundreds of accounts, maybe a small amount. I can't see myself using it due to the fact that I would have to backup constantly on my PC in fear of someone stealing my phone. But for someone that wants the absolute most secure way of storing data, I think this actually looks great.

FAQ - Myki Password Manager

mike6688

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Sep 27, 2017
This actually looks pretty decent. Some key points I came across is the fact that it's stored on your phone and not the cloud. One thing though, is if you lose your phone or someone steals it, you're kinda out of luck. In this case, redundancy would be important, but they have an option to backup on your computer. That's just one extra step. It also supports MFA which is awesome. I can see this being used for someone that does not have hundreds of accounts, maybe a small amount. I can't see myself using it due to the fact that I would have to backup constantly on my PC in fear of someone stealing my phone. But for someone that wants the absolute most secure way of storing data, I think this actually looks great.

FAQ - Myki Password Manager
Only testing a day so far so can't give a decent review but what I've noticed so far:
Pros:
- no cloud storage so no risk if their systems are hacked
- requires fingerprint or 6 digit password to approve all login requests
- logging in on the computer needs authentication through the phone app so people can't get your passwords
- allows you to backup with an encrypted file as well as less secure file
- allows importing from .csv as well as Chrome and password managers
- design and implementation is well thought out
- responsive team if you chat or send suggestions to them

Cons:
- Approving each login on your phone can become tedious if you frequently switch accounts
- connection can be slow and take a while to approve login requests (this may just be my setup however)
- if you don't have a backup it's impossible to recover if you lose your phone
- instructions on importing wasn't very clear, I had to edit the .csv before it would work
- if you have no signal/ wi-fi connection on your phone you won't be able to login to the browser extension.

This is only one day of use, so things may change or I may notice more.

spaceoctopus

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 13, 2014
Never heard of that password manager before.:unsure:I prefer to stick to lastpass which is a well know product, and due to the fact that passwords are highly sensitive stuffs.

Reactions: Weebarra
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.