Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Mar 16, 2015
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
None
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
Hard reset
Hi everyone, I'm currently working on my new Surface Pro 4. Yesterday I upgraded to Win 10 10586 (the latest build released). This morning, the touchpad of the surface cover wasn't working (probably the driver was missingbut there was no way to update it). After chatting with Microsoft HelpDesk I did a hard reset of the device, which have brought it back to the previous build; then, I updated. Now the touchpad is working fine.
I was told from the technical support that the problem was due to the antiviru (Eset Smart Security). Is it possible? Could you suggest me any other antivirus that can protect my new device without being too heavy and battery drainer?
Thanks in advance for your help

SloppyMcFloppy

Level 13
Verified
Sep 12, 2015
You can try Webroot SecureAnywhere. Also, Microsoft customer support is the worse customer support Microsoft had, and you should not call them to help anything. Trust me, i did called them in the past, and all they say is they will not help me until i pay them like whay the heck? And you should ask them to provide evidence not just words come out of their mouth.

Upvote 0

kowalski215

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Mar 16, 2015
Well, I had to to that. I bought the Surface almost one week ago, if there's any problem I can actually still ask for a replacement.
I asked for evidence, but of course, they weren't able to provide for it.
That's why I asked here. Eset has never had any problem with drivers.
May I ask for sth free as well?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
L

LabZero

Probably but indirectly Eset.

Always turn off antivirus when you install software, drivers or system updates /upgrades that modify system files in depth.

Even without notifications, AV can corrupt these installations.

Upvote 0

kowalski215

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Mar 16, 2015
Probably but indirectly Eset.

Always turn off antivirus when you install software, drivers or system updates /upgrades that modify system files in depth.

Even without notifications, AV can corrupt these installations.
Ok thanks for the tip

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.