2. Good Web Prevention

3. Good Detection Rate

4. Good Zero Day

5. Scanning and Removal Process was Fast

6. No System Slow Down
CONS
1. High Ram Usage
BOTTOM LINE
At the end of the day, Bitdefender Internet Security 2016 has done a great job protecting me against nasty malware. The only thing that needs improvement is the ram usage because it is a bit high.
H

hjlbx

The con is a fact. I'm currently running 6 months Bitdefender Total Security and what i notice is RAM usage is quite a bit high. You're looking around 150MB - 180MB. But my PC have i7 4790k + 32GB RAM + GTX 970 + SSD for OS. So things should be not be slow down.

I have similar system. BIS added 30% increase to reboot time - and not anything else really.

It was a bit buggy; BD still needs to correct things.

SloppyMcFloppy

Level 13
Verified
Sep 12, 2015
I have similar system. BIS added 30% increase to reboot time - and not anything else really.

It was a bit buggy; BD still needs to correct things.

I don't have any increase reboot time or boot time when i install Bitdefender Total Security 2016. As matter of fact, i crank every things up to maximum because why not? 32GB DDR3 RAM lol. I also have Samsung SSD as well. Probably going to get another for raid setup.

H

hjlbx

I don't have any increase reboot time or boot time when i install Bitdefender Total Security 2016. As matter of fact, i crank every things up to maximum because why not? 32GB DDR3 RAM lol. I also have Samsung SSD as well. Probably going to get another for raid setup.

Perfect example of how soft behaves differently on different systems with the essentially same resources.

CMLew

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
Me too. I have no problem on boot time even after installing BIS last time. The only thing i don't like the resource usage.. sucks up close to 200MB ram.

SloppyMcFloppy

Level 13
Verified
Sep 12, 2015
Perfect example of how soft behaves differently on different systems with the essentially same resources.

If i remember correctly, you stated that Bitdefender Photon technology will kick in after 3 days of using Bitdefender Total Security right?

ifacedown

Level 18
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
If i remember correctly, you stated that Bitdefender Photon technology will kick in after 3 days of using Bitdefender Total Security right?
Yes, so some users said the RAM usage will eventually get down for around a week of usage. Maybe running full scans and executing your needed apps during the 1-week period will help.

R

Ray Redbad

I've been keeping an eye on BDIS-2106, on a couple of friends' systems for about three months; one a new Windows 10 box and another the free upgrade over 8.1 and each running in full all-default settings. (They pitched in on a 3 PC license.) Their overwhelming no-issues issues is shocking.

I've been running two trials on my 10 test system and my 7 production system (was BD-Free) for a few days. I've got 'em in Paranoid and all-Aggressive, custom on-access and many other settings tweaked to my liking.

Today, ~360 files (!) were downloaded and installed upon reboot which included the Main Interface, Agent and Security Service, the latter going from 20.0.23.1251 to 20.0.24.1276, for example.

Interestingly, in About the build went unchanged - 20.0.24.1290.

I haven't run it long enough for all the problems to show up yet. I hope something shows up soon. :D

Reactions: Hangtooth

thepierrezou

Level 8
Verified
Sep 25, 2013
On my computer, Bitdefender wasn't heavy(Ram and CPU). You just need to wait for Photon. I think you can really see difference one week after the installation.

I think the big problem with Bitdefender is the lack of community manager, maybe there is one but he don't talk, their forum is dead and we can't find realese notes.

Reactions: Hangtooth

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.