Review - Earth's Custom Avast! Free approach

Would you try this custom approach and why?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Plexx

Thread author
malwarekiller said:
Earth said:
Edit: Yes, I uninstalled Avast from my system due to slow booting/waking/sleep times. :D

I know the latest program update is causing some lag...there is another program update next week thats gonna try fix these issues and memory leaks...but yet i recommend to install full avast rather holding of a partial protection and decreasing the the product's power :)

Earth uninstalled it before the latest version was out. I also have skipped the last 2 builds on one of the laptops I got here.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
malwarekiller said:
I know the latest program update is causing some lag...there is another program update next week thats gonna try fix these issues and memory leaks...but yet i recommend to install full avast rather holding of a partial protection and decreasing the the product's power :)

When the updates arrives all the other computer will automatically upgrade to that version, and good to know you know what's happening in the avast-scene. :biggrin:

I won't be installing avast for my laptop. Cheers.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
so if i understand this setting, no RT AV except cloud, and only web & network shield? and for only 4mb WS ram usage?

P

Plexx

Thread author
Earth's version was only Webshield and Network Shield.

Mine had a bit more but usage still low while on idle.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
i suppose it is compatible alongside any combo? (follow my sight :p )

P

Plexx

Thread author
Probably compatible. give it a test run. I myself dont really need a combo so I wouldnt be the best person to advise. Will change my real time later on to Forticlient Lite as well since it is all I need for my gaming needs :)

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Yes i will do, since i dont have a real system-wide web shield.

P

Plexx

Thread author
It will still have the main AV engine umbra, so take that into consideration

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
i tried it and it doesn't fit to my system, avast service is around 30mb WS, too high for the purpose i expected.

P

Plexx

Thread author
weird, on both images, it was way less. suppose it has to do with the actual system itself then.

would AVG Linkscanner do the trick for ya?

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
i tried before but it seemed not working on my system. at least KsAV's one works (but only for Dragon, not Icedragon) :D

P

Plexx

Thread author
AVG LS doesnt work on what browser exactly?

I was going to add it along Forti.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
at that time it was waterfox and dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.