3. Good Web Prevention
    4. Decent Scanning and Removal Speeds
    5. Decent Detection Rate
CONS
1. High Ram Usage
2. Too Many Quick Heal Process's
3. Behavior Blocker did not Protect me Very Well
BOTTOM LINE
At the end of the day, quick heal has done a good job blocking sites and it had a decent detection rate, but it suffered in the zero day test. In order for them to be a great antivirus, they need to improve on there behavior blocker and lower there ram usage dramatically.

RmG152

Level 12
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
222MB = High Ram Usage, sure?

On last hitmanPro scan, you don't delete samples folder (or try to delete it) before scan.
you doesn't check system startups or reboot the computer before HitmanPro scan.

U.u

PD: run process explorer as admin next time.

Malware Security

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Apr 29, 2013
222MB = High Ram Usage, sure?

On last hitmanPro scan, you don't delete samples folder (or try to delete it) before scan.
you doesn't check system startups or reboot the computer before HitmanPro scan.

U.u

PD: run process explorer as admin next time.
1. 222mb is alot in my opinion
2. I couldn't delete the folder because the files left over in the folder was still running in memory
3. there was no need to restart computer before hitmanpro scan because quick heal did not tell me to reboot. Usually some antivirus's need to reboot to completely remove the malware because it tells you, but quick heal did not tell me to reboot

Reactions: trhd03twth

RmG152

Level 12
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
1. 222mb is alot in my opinion
2. I couldn't delete the folder because the files left over in the folder was still running in memory
3. there was no need to restart computer before hitmanpro scan because quick heal did not tell me to reboot. Usually some antivirus's need to reboot to completely remove the malware because it tells you, but quick heal did not tell me to reboot

1. 222mb = tab of chrome xD.And i'm not sure but i think it's running on x64 files not x86 and x64 always take more ram, but X64 >>>>>> x86
2. Yes, but you delete another files making the scan more accurate for non expert users.
3. Sometimes malware run when you click on it, but this malware can't make system changes, set itself to autorun etc etc. and for this is better to reboot, if "malware" is load on memory but is doing nothing, it isn't a malware...

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.