Troubleshoot Rewards.amazon.com-rewards redirect

Matthew Blake

Thread author
Sep 26, 2017
Yahoo.com news stories keep getting redirected to rewards.amazon.com-rewards only happens on Yahoo, is annoying as heck.

I've uninstalled any recent apps, tried demands and avg and both detect nothing, tried deleting browser cache but to no avail.

My current solution is just not to use Yahoo at all as it happens on no other site. Any ideas?

CoherentCrayon

Level 4
Verified
Jun 23, 2017
Yahoo.com news stories keep getting redirected to rewards.amazon.com-rewards only happens on Yahoo, is annoying as heck.

I've uninstalled any recent apps, tried demands and avg and both detect nothing, tried deleting browser cache but to no avail.

My current solution is just not to use Yahoo at all as it happens on no other site. Any ideas?
Have you checked your Wifi DNS settings so you don't have any malicious DNS set?

/steel9

Matthew Blake

Thread author
Sep 26, 2017
Okay, and which browser are you using? (Chrome, default Samsung browser, ...)

I've tried it win both.

Just tried returning to Yahoo with both browsers and Wi-Fi on and on 4g. Can no longer replicate it. Could it have been something on Yahoo rather than my phone? I've never experienced it on any other site.

CoherentCrayon

Level 4
Verified
Jun 23, 2017
I spoke too soon. Just managed to get it again.....
Strange. If possible, try with another phone/tablet. The last cause I can imagine is if you have any addons/extensions to your browsers if you have tried both browsers and it happens on both of them. Otherwise I believe the issue is on Yahoo rather than your phone.

/steel9

Matthew Blake

Thread author
Sep 26, 2017
That's the conclusion I'm coming to too. Haven't another tablet/phone to try it on. Will check to see if there are any rogue extensions, thanks for taking the time to advise me.

Reactions: CoherentCrayon

AndyP

Oct 7, 2017

Seems very much like something to do with yahoo, I also get this problem only on Yahoo, which itself has gone down hill over last couple of years, think time to just stop using it all together.

Fairgrace

Oct 8, 2017
Hi, unfortunately I get the same issue when I use ebay on Chrome. I'm on a Samsung s4 and this started a couple of weeks back. I've done a factory reset but today it started again after using ebay for a while. It's not the app, it's directly on Chrone. I've skanned the mobile but there's no virus. It's very upsetting though as I worry my privacy is at risk. What can I do?

spaceoctopus

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 13, 2014
Hi, unfortunately I get the same issue when I use ebay on Chrome. I'm on a Samsung s4 and this started a couple of weeks back. I've done a factory reset but today it started again after using ebay for a while. It's not the app, it's directly on Chrone. I've skanned the mobile but there's no virus. It's very upsetting though as I worry my privacy is at risk. What can I do?
Perhaps a factory reset is not enough.Try a hard reset.Don't forget to backup your data

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.