Riddick Security settings

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Strong configuration but what's your purpose of having Sandboxie and Shadow defender both together?

Since they are both virtualization software and they are differ on the range to virtualize: one in whole system and other for selected application only.

Reactions: Exterminator

Riddick

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Apr 3, 2013
Strong configuration but what's your purpose of having Sandboxie and Shadow defender both together?

Since they are both virtualization software and they are differ on the range to virtualize: one in whole system and other for selected application only.

Hello! jamescv7

Sandboxie navigate... and Shadow Defender test new software before installing.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Yes, well you may wanted to test apps with sandboxie besides of ability to virtualize when navigating on pages ;). There's nothing wrong on having these software just asking though.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Riddick

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Apr 3, 2013
Yes, well you may wanted to test apps with sandboxie besides of ability to virtualize when navigating on pages ;). There's nothing wrong on having these software just asking though.

Sandboxie limited unlicensed and another reason is that I trust more on Shadow Defender to try new programs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Logethica

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
I use them both on our own 8.1 system, and both grant us, respectively, an elevated feeling of being safe should someone install or even <click> on something by mistake :confused: after ignoring UAC's warnings to me :rolleyes: (probably from being sleep deprived!):D
Sandboxie limited unlicensed and another reason is that I trust more on Shadow Defender to try new programs.
Even Sandboxie's free version affords an excellent method to test drive extensions or, especially, browser updates when functionality or resource load may be a concern.

OneDay

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2014
Great config, Riddick..
Only suggestion to add HTTPS Everywhere to encrypt your connection to many websites.
Thanks for sharing!

Reactions: Kent and tonibalas

Kent

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Nov 4, 2013
Solid config! I recommend Firefox for more privacy and Noscript(extension for FF) for enhanced security from malicious scripts.They make a superb combination :D

Last edited:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
@Riddick Please do not create multiple threads. Keep this thread updated using the Edit tools. 3 Intros and 3 Security Configs, are not good.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.