ringtail62's config

Windows Edition
Pro
User Access Control
Notify me only when programs try to make changes to my computer (do not dim my desktop)
Real-time security
Eset Smart Security 9
Periodic malware scanners
Hitman Pro
MBAM Antimalware just for on-demand
EEK
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Opera, latest, stable -uBlock origin
Chrome, latest, stable - uBlock origin
Maintenance tools
CCleaner

ringtail62

Thread author
Apr 1, 2016
Backup note: I do have my files stored on OneDrive, and that's enough for me, since I'm just using this laptop for university and I don't keep anything else on it.
Hope you approve ;)

N

Noxx

Looks solid. I'd recommend the default setting for UAC, though. Thanks for sharing. :)

Reactions: Alkajak
A

Alkajak

@Noxx pretty much pointed out the only thing I would change. Also, the input for OS Firewall should be "3rd Party" rather than "Enabled", as you have ESS9 installed.

Reactions: Noxx

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
Ain't it nice to see a config and something tells you you seen this before? Reminds me of my old config (including OD but excluding backup and extension).

Your config is good as it is but as others said, UAC settings can be turned to default, tho the do not dim desktop version is fine too.

I would however rely on perhaps a pen drive for traditional backup method. I have 2 pen drives of 32 GB each with important stuff, tho it is also backed up on eHDD.

Reactions: DJ Panda

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
I would say to add more on demand scanners like Malwarebytes Anti malware and Zemana Anti-Malware
Also adding Firefox as another browser.

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
I would say to add more on demand scanners like Malwarebytes Anti malware and Zemana Anti-Malware
Also adding Firefox as another browser.
he has 3 already :)
On-demand Malware Scanners:
Hitman Pro
EEK

Web browsers, those end up being a choice for the user I suppose. That reminds me to post something about a specific browser and adguard.

Reactions: DJ Panda

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
he has 3 already :)
On-demand Malware Scanners:
Hitman Pro
EEK

Web browsers, those end up being a choice for the user I suppose. That reminds me to post something about a specific browser and adguard.

He must have edited after I said something. Or maybe I didn't notice :p.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.