Thread author
May 3, 2011
aalZy5Y.png

Hb4mFTE.png

ma2ROQP.png

qV8bjRp.png

m90iZtt.png

Description:

New experience: the user experience and visual effects for the standard of the new security products, product performance and compatibility upgrade again.

The new development model: Internet-based security services new product changes to the way Internet users oriented product planning and development, real security, to meet the user's daily security needs.

New team: New build the core development team, led by senior industry experts and professional fields doctoral, master's composition.

Perfect support for 64-bit operating system
File size: 36M
Support System: Win8/Win7/Vista/XP/Server2003/Server2008

Homepage (Google Translate)
Download

This version is freeware for people who live in China but there is no restrictions if you download from the link above. Product is already registered.

I have not fully tested this product, maybe someone can do a review of it.
It does not work correctly in a virtual environment, must install to a real system in order to test properly.

Enjoy!! :D

Reactions: ZeroDayDefender

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
It looks like a descent firewall solution.
I am starting to suspect that Rising, Kingsoft and Baidu are the same company... based on the similarity of the interface they are using for their software :)

Littlebits

Retired Staff
Thread author
May 3, 2011
I wished someone would do a review on it.
I used previous version of Rising Firewall but they had too many bugs that I couldn't deal with.

This version looks really good and they suppose to have a new development team. It also looks like they have added a lot of new features to it.

3link9

Level 5
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
aaahhh rising.... That lion always had a appeal to me.
I wonder if they still think its still 2011.... :/

Littlebits

Retired Staff
Thread author
May 3, 2011
MalwareVirus said:
Eam blocking the link
rsdownload.rising.com.cn as suspicious host.may be false positive.

Awhile back Rising was caught releasing malware that they developed into the wild to gain more global sales. Their products were the only solution that could detect and remove their own manufactured malware.

Read more on WOT.

They had to pay fines in China and lost their reputation with the global market. After that they supposedly made changes in their company and started offering free products to people who live in China. They fired the employees responsible for developing the malware and releasing it into the wild. Rising has never fully recovered from that big mistake and their links and products are still detected by some AV vendors.

Rising was once the leader in security software in China now other companies like Baidu and Qihu 360 are more popular with users.

MalwareVirus

Level 1
Oct 6, 2012
Thanks for the link,last year i am thinking to use its antivirus but i stop download in half.I only try kingsoft for 2-3 days last year.

kjdemuth

Level 9
Verified
Jan 17, 2013
I couldn't get this to install in English. The option was there but it was grayed out. The Chinese version was nice but unfortunately I don't speak or read Chinese.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
Thread author
May 3, 2011
kjdemuth said:
I couldn't get this to install in English. The option was there but it was grayed out. The Chinese version was nice but unfortunately I don't speak or read Chinese.

They released a new version only in Chinese, when I posted this thread they had an option to install in English.

I uploaded the previous version available in English to my Mediafire account.

You can download it here.

kjdemuth

Level 9
Verified
Jan 17, 2013
Yes that was the version I downloaded. Like I said when I went to install the English option was greyed out and wasn't able to click on it.
Littlebits said:
kjdemuth said:

They released a new version only in Chinese, when I posted this thread they had an option to install in English.

I uploaded the previous version available in English to my Mediafire account.

You can download it here.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
Thread author
May 3, 2011
Did you get the English option on this installer because it was the one that I used to make these screenshots.

3link9

Level 5
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
Littlebits said:
Did you get the English option on this installer because it was the one that I used to make these screenshots.

The english selection is greyed out for some reason :/

Littlebits

Retired Staff
Thread author
May 3, 2011
Rising changed their download links again.

Here is the new download link- http://rsdownload.rising.com.cn/middle12/rsfree/rfwfv16.exe

Verified to have English installer.

b8KvWmG.png

I updated homepage and download link on the main thread post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.