Risk of Scam and online fraudulent online store

Infected operating system
iOS 17.31
Infected device
iPhone 14
Infected device issues
So far I don’t know what to even look for because I just subscribed to the online newsletter and reached out via email to the contact the online website store provided which I only did because I was attempting to see if they would even get back to me l. I didn’t have any intention of buying the product I said I was so eagerly awaiting to purchase that was simply to get a reply and see what they even said about it or if I received no response at all. At this point of time I don’t know what to look for to determine if I have any infected device issues
Steps taken to remove the infection
I haven’t tried to do anything yet to remove the malware but I will ask my older brother in the morning what’s the best thing to do at this point of time, but I would be extremely grateful as well as much safer if anyone can get back to me concerning what I should or shouldn’t do at this point of time I don’t want to do anything that will compromise things worse than I already have. I’m so disappointed in myself for even doing this or thinking that this was a good idea.

Holly’s_WRLD999

Thread author
Mar 25, 2024
I’m concerned about the online store above in the title. I read that it may be a scam/fraud and being naive was not aware that even signing up for the emails which I did as well as contacting the store with a question that I am now at risk of identity theft and possibly viruses on my iPhone. I’m not sure what I should do at this point so I would appreciate any advice or assistance that you can provide me

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
Firstly, don't panic. Start by changing your passwords, especially for your email and any financial accounts. If you clicked any links in their emails, run a malware scan on your device. For your iPhone, Apple's iOS is designed to be secure against malware, but consider downloading a reputable security app for extra safety. Be cautious about sharing personal information online and always verify the legitimacy of online stores.

Reactions: Jack

Prodigyno

Apr 25, 2024
Hey, sorry to hear that you're going through this. First things first, make sure to change any passwords associated with your accounts. Consider running a virus scan on your iPhone too, just to be safe. It's also a good idea to keep an eye on your financial statements for any suspicious activity. If you're really worried about identity theft, you might want to consider freezing your credit temporarily. And always be cautious about sharing personal information online. Stay safe!

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.