robertul's security configuration

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Hello @robertul. Your configuration, as in the tune from Sound of Music, represents ..a few of my favorite things (in a configuration).:D
Something I'll mention, you might also already know of, is to set
blocking of third party cookies in your Chrome browser:
  1. Click the Chrome menu
    tgmsrPRh34tM4q0WYv7l-NNXDz7dqm7ftk8TyCEguoY30xkEg8lcw_ULI23ki9Q=w18-h18
    on the browser toolbar.
  2. Select Settings.
  3. Click Show advanced settings.
  4. In the "Privacy" section, click the Content settings button. Select "Block third-party cookies and site data"
    • After this you will see
      chrome_95647_blocked_cookie.gif
      in the address bar whenever a cookie has being blocked.
    • Optionally, you may also mark the circle "Keep site data until you close the browser".
Thank you for sharing your good configuration.:)

robertul

Level 1
Thread author
Aug 4, 2016
Thank you all guys for the nice comments. Glad to hear that this is a good configuration. Just a note, as Microsoft themselves suggested in their forums that EMET toolkit it is not needed anymore in Windows 10. So I uninstalled it.
BTW, thank you all for the suggestions. I did changed chrome to block 3rd party cookies and site data. +1
I am gonna keep uac at default and not maxed out. The reason for this is pretty simple, as cruelsister1's found out in his ransomware testing UAC, putting it to the max did not help, so default is more than enough for me.
Do any of you people agree with my choices? :)
Thank you and your feedback is greatly appreciated!

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.