Hot Take RoboMan's Kaspersky 2023 Light & Solid Settings

Smoke

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Dec 7, 2014
That setting is Settings -> Security Settings -> Exclusions and actions on object detection, not in File Anti-Virus:

When You set Interactive Mode in K. some protection modules get also in Interactive Mode, but still You may set them to auto remove, for example, I'm in Interactive Mode but My File-AV module is set as:

View attachment 276358

The same can be set for on demands Scanning tasks, System Watcher, Safe Browsing...
I'm not sure how I managed to miss that before, chalk that one up to being VERY tired. Either way, this solves my issue. Thank you for your help. :)

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Hmm. Sounds like it should be disabled then?

Why's it enabled by default?
It is enabled by default because it gives you the best protection from your av (Kaspersky).
A good discussion about this topic is found here:

RoboMan

Level 35
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Encrypted connection scan: do not scan

Any reason why you've changed this?
That's your choice. Scanning HTTPS is usually a big debate towards privacy and security. I see they've already referred you to the thread discussing it. At the end of the day, it's not a big deal either it's enabled or disabled.

Snowwolfboi

May 21, 2021
The Kaspersky filter need some tweaks because i found that Kaspersky config you have created is too aggressive sometimes. When i used unity it blocked a exe that was harmless and was used to make my unity codes working correctly

RoboMan

Level 35
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
@RoboMan

Thanks for this settings.

How much system impact and protection different when set scan mode to on access and modification vs execution?
I found significant difference in impact when set to "on execution". It's slightly less secure of course, but Application Control should cover that if tweaked correctly.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.