Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Defender+VS= clean, simple & efficient.
You have not updated the config?
Yes but that is past, i am back with Emsisoft :)

Why Windows Defender?

No longer my antivirus, but it's solid. It's not the best antivirus on the market, but offers decent protection if you know what you're doing and you don't happy click all over the "Jessica wants to meet you" ads. Simple, efficient, and light.

RoboMan

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
when i see that :

1-Emsisoft Internet Security
2-VoodooShield
3- Zemana Anti Malware Premium

which is already overkill

i dont see the need of that :

- AppCheck Anti Ransomware

since 1 & 2 or maybe even 3 can do the same.
Well at least they interfere or slow my system down i like to create a barrier of 300 soldiers doing the exact same thing going no further than the same thing they all do. Give me my false sense of security.

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Well at least they interfere or slow my system down i like to create a barrier of 300 soldiers doing the exact same thing going no further than the same thing they all do. Give me my false sense of security.
Can 100% guarantee you that zemana makes your system slower and i can also guarantee that appcheck is useless because you do backups anw so what you are getting from appcheck is used drive resources from the backup thingy.
Remove both and lets talk in a week when you agree with me that they are actually useless.

RoboMan

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
I'll test how system performs without Zemana. Appcheck really does not help at all with VS+EIS? LIKE AT ALL? And Zemana as well? Will I get the very same protection level from EIS+VS?

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
I'll test how system performs without Zemana. Appcheck really does not help at all with VS+EIS? LIKE AT ALL? And Zemana as well? Will I get the very same protection level from EIS+VS?
Appcheck is beyond useless actually and you have backups anw if the NSA tries to infect you. Zemana is a bad product and a big waste of resources so you don't need it.
EIS has you covered if you have an ounce of brain and VS is a backup to that. Anything after that is an overkill, a waste of resources and especially a waste of your time.

RoboMan

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Appcheck is beyond useless actually and you have backups anw if the NSA tries to infect you. Zemana is a bad product and a big waste of resources so you don't need it.
EIS has you covered if you have an ounce of brain and VS is a backup to that. Anything after that is an overkill, a waste of resources and especially a waste of your time.
Okay MOM!

Uninstalled:

AppCheck
Zemana AntiMalware Premium

-------------------

Current combo:

Emsisoft Internet Security (tweaked on max settings)
VoodooShield (Always ON)

If NASA goes through my system and steals my stolen secrets from you then we're all screwed.

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Okay MOM!

Uninstalled:

AppCheck

-------------------

Current combo:

VoodooShield (Always ON)

If NASA goes through my system and steals my stolen secrets from you then we're all screwed.
This is what NASA waited for ages so hopefully i will get my commission now. Waiting to hear feedback on if you notice the difference in application loading and general pc usage with the changes in a few weeks.

RoboMan

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
I added SpyBot Search and Destroy as an on-demand scanner to see how it performed.

I regret not smoking because this software gave me cancer anyways.

Last edited:

Syafiq

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2017
Okay MOM!

Uninstalled:

AppCheck

-------------------

Current combo:

VoodooShield (Always ON)

Now, It's a strong combo, nice if you removed Appcheck and ZAM Premium. It would slow down your system.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.