SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Yes it was the case, then i heard (not sure if true) it was re-bought by another one more "honorable".
You are probably because now that you mention it i remember something but i would still wouldn't risk it. They had bad privacy practices in general and their benefit over other products it's 0.

Last edited:

RoboMan

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Thank you all for your comments.

I've removed Ghostery from my extensions and installed disconnect.me. Hopefully this isn't property of Captain Jack Sparrow marketing company.

Svoll

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
Traitor!, you are not an engineering failure anymore. With such a solid security config and backup solution, you're in no way any failure! You're ban from the engineering failure club.

Joke : I would suggest you add Zemana Anti Logger :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: and yes i am still salty with ZAM,ZAL, and ZMA.

RoboMan

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Traitor!, you are not an engineering failure anymore. With such a solid security config and backup solution, you're in no way any failure! You're ban from the engineering failure club.

Joke : I would suggest you add Zemana Anti Logger :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: and yes i am still salty with ZAM,ZAL, and ZMA.
An engineering failure is born with the gift. No solid config can claim his title unworthy. Engineering failure firm cannot kick me, i kick everybody else! But not you @Svoll, we can still be engineering failure partners.

RoboMan

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Hello roboman
what's the program NASA protection software.
Hello "#usernamenotfound",

This is an automatic reply from NSA and CIA shared online security robot, RoboMan. NSA protection software is a closed, private computer program designed by and for government use only. Any intent of downloading, sharing, or modifying information about the aforementioned application can and will result on the immediate confiscation of your classified online information and legal procedures will be followed.

Protected by U.S national information protection law 16.776, art. 23, the NSA and all information security agencies belonging to the U.S can and will take the needed measures in order to protect their tools from potential threats.

Thank you for understanding. RoboMan is now shut down.

RoboMan

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Impossible is nothing, so it's better to be prepared in case somebody tries to target us robots.

Added: Trend Micro RansomBuster to protect specified folders against ransomware attacks.

Current combo: ESET Internet Security + VoodooShield + RansomBuster

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Impossible is nothing, so it's better to be prepared in case somebody tries to target us robots.

Added: Trend Micro RansomBuster to protect specified folders against ransomware attacks.

I will bust your head if you manage to get infected with ESET plus an anti exe so you can skip the ransom buster :p

Btw haven't used ESET in ages but it doesn't give you a way to restrict folder access in the hips rule module?

RoboMan

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
I will bust your head if you manage to get infected with ESET plus an anti exe so you can skip the ransom buster :p

Btw haven't used ESET in ages but it doesn't give you a way to restrict folder access in the hips rule module?
Haven't checked to be honest. I've tested for my company in order to harden the security on the business and practically there was malware that could bypass even the anti executable. So... Better just be prepared that cry over my files.

DeepWeb

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
Hello "#usernamenotfound",

This is an automatic reply from NSA and CIA shared online security robot, RoboMan. NSA protection software is a closed, private computer program designed by and for government use only. Any intent of downloading, sharing, or modifying information about the aforementioned application can and will result on the immediate confiscation of your classified online information and legal procedures will be followed.

Protected by U.S national information protection law 16.776, art. 23, the NSA and all information security agencies belonging to the U.S can and will take the needed measures in order to protect their tools from potential threats.

Thank you for understanding. RoboMan is now shut down.
This?
http://ultronbrowser.io/

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016

The free TM RansomBuster protects only 2 folders if I'm not wrong.

2 folders enough for you?

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Haven't checked to be honest. I've tested for my company in order to harden the security on the business and practically there was malware that could bypass even the anti executable. So... Better just be prepared that cry over my files.
Maybe because the anti exe tries to be smart and fails and you need a proper one that doesn't allow anyone except the IT to run something not by a trusted vendor? Hint hint change anti exe to something that works reliably.

RoboMan

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Well... The internet won again, becoming so dangerous that I ended up installing what I thought I didn't need... A password manager :)

Added:
  • LastPass Password Mananger
  • Yandex Browser

Updated:
  • Windows 10 Home to a licensed Windows 10 Pro

Removed:

• TM RansomBuster
------------------------------------------------------

Active programs on my system:

• ESET Internet Security (tweaked for maximum protection)
  • VoodooShield
  • LastPass as a complement

Reactions: harlan4096

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.