Showcase RoboMan's Stolen Secrets Storage Device (2017 updated)

Form factor
Estimated $
$1050
Make & Model
Acer Predator Helios 300
OS installed
Windows 10 Pro
CPU
Intel Core i7 7700HQ
GPU
GTX 1060 6GB
RAM
16GB
Storage
256GB SSD
1TB HDD
Monitor
1920 x 1080
Keyboard and Mouse
Redragon Kumara
Logitech G403
My computer protection
ESET Internet Security

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Yes sir, that's right. Still, despite it say v15 there, when i install it, it says v21. Weird...
Yeah, it's correct though. Mine is also saying that. I have 21.20.16.4542.
You have a weird issue and it's getting me crazy. Stupid ocd me.

Reactions: RoboMan

RoboMan

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Yeah, it's correct though. Mine is also saying that. I have 21.20.16.4542.
You have a weird issue and it's getting me crazy. Stupid ocd me.
LOL. No worries, you can unlink yourself from the case. :p

Reactions: SHvFl

RoboMan

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Wish it was as easy as it sound. WE HAVE TO FIGURE IT OUT. Did the pc come with the anniversary update?
It actually came with an old update, can't remember which. I had the "Windows Upgrade Assistant" that downloaded nearly 4GB of an update.

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
It actually came with an old update, can't remember which. I had the "Windows Upgrade Assistant" that downloaded nearly 4GB of an update.
Bet it's that. If i was you i would reset the system from windows settings. Something went bad with the upgrade i would bet and with this way you get directly latest upgrade and your laptop will probably still install the manufacture applications. I i am sure it has a recovery to do get those like mine.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vasudev and RoboMan

RoboMan

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Bet it's that. If i was you i would reset the system from Windows settings. Something went bad with the upgrade i would bet and with this way you get directly latest upgrade and your laptop will probably still install the manufacture applications. I i am sure it has a recovery to do get those like mine.
Can i keep my files?

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Can i keep my files?
You can keep files but not applications sadly. This are the 2 options.

MUemuJG.png

Reactions: RoboMan

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Oh that's sad. Im on a metered connection and cannot download programs back :/
Then i guess just disable uac or put it to not dim until the next time you format so you don't get crazy. You are protected with other ways anw.
I am amazed google has no results with anyone having this issue.

Also tell your isp they suck. It's 2017 and none should have data caps. Un f*****g believable.

RoboMan

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Then i guess just disable uac or put it to not dim until the next time you format so you don't get crazy. You are protected with other ways anw.
I am amazed google has no results with anyone having this issue.

Also tell your isp they suck. It's 2017 and none should have data caps. Un f*****g believable.
I'm staying at a friend's house on another state. Else i'd be flying over gigabytes of unlimited data.

Reactions: SHvFl and Vasudev

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
I'm staying at a friend's house on another state. Else i'd be flying over gigabytes of unlimited data.
Hmm, well could be an issue with Intel HID driver filter that's mis-communicating with OS. I think you need to provide some screenies of System devices, if you see Synaptics SMBus driver please download synaptics i2c driver from synaptics website.
Before re-installing OS, let me ask you this do you use DDU to wipe old drivers? Display Driver Uninstaller
Use Revo to uninstall apps and drivers with advanced scanning for leftover files.
Additionally please post your HWINFO sensors reporting CPU temps and stuffs.

Reactions: SHvFl and RoboMan

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
Fixed by disabling Secure Desktop when prompting for elevation. UAC is still set at maximum. Thanks everybody.
Its temporary fix. Maybe its your Nvidia driver, see the issue in detail after returning to your home. Latest creators update has some fixes for Nvidia.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.