Roboscan Internet security free

Status
Not open for further replies.

firestr001

Level 2
Thread author
Jul 22, 2012
Roboscan Internet Security is an integrated anti-malware program for protecting your computers from outside online threats.
The internet facilitates the sharing of helpful files and information, but increased sharing may expose your computer to a variety of online threats. Roboscan Internet Security uses a Dual Engine security system that provides Multi-Layer filtration for more thorough detection and deletion of online threats.

This uses Bitdefender engine.

http://www.roboscan.com/home/home_main.aspx

Did anyone tried this before??????

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
I never tried it either but it has had some good users reviews.
Read more here- http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=311803&highlight=Roboscan

Enjoy!!:D

savit

Level 1
Apr 9, 2011
Roboscan (alyac) Internet Security Free http://malwaretips.com/Thread-Roboscan-alyac-Internet-Security-Free?highlight=roboscan

Gorilla P

Verified
Jan 31, 2013
I've tried it and it is a pretty good AV. It needs some refining. Last I used it, it was having some issues with automatic updates, and had to be ran manually every day. Other than that, good free AV. Having the BitDefender scaning engine is a huge plus.
Other good free options include BitDefender Free and Ad-Aware.

Alp Arslan

Jan 11, 2013
i tried this program in virtualbox it is heavy on device and high system usage can cause blue screen on win7
it has two engine but not a good detection rate and avast or bitdeffender free are more advanced

Reactions: Shadowclogger

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
souhrid said:
Tried few months ago and was disappointed,wonder if they have improved???

They haven't released any new versions in English since 02-28-2012 which is v.2.5.0.18. I'm not sure if they are keeping the other language versions updated either.

Thanks. :D

souhrid

Level 5
Jun 29, 2012
Littlebits said:
souhrid said:
Tried few months ago and was disappointed,wonder if they have improved???

They haven't released any new versions in English since 02-28-2012 which is v.2.5.0.18. I'm not sure if they are keeping the other language versions updated either.

Thanks. :D

Can't remember when I use it so I used 'few months',I always find error updating,detection rate was bad wonder what the bitdefender engine do??

Gorilla P

Verified
Jan 31, 2013
Yeah, with BitDefender Free AV, I find it hard to use anything else.
Ad-Aware seemed to be pretty good.
I heard Immunet Paid Version is using the BitDefender engine as well.

notorious_rn

Jun 12, 2012
Roboscan free, I've been using it for 3 mos. or more, its fast not resource hugging apps with BD engine its a stellar with viruses in the wild, but still needs other security product on its side like MBAM, coz, its weak with spyware, adware or any riskware in the wild.

with continuous more improvement it will be a an antivirus to beat.

looda

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Mar 11, 2014
now we are in 2014 and i discover it today by youtube i will test it now first problems in update posses thin i sow that heuristics not on by default so i will defiantly test it now :eek:

Reactions: Shadowclogger

ifacedown

Level 18
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
now we are in 2014 and i discover it today by youtube i will test it now first problems in update posses thin i sow that heuristics not on by default so i will defiantly test it now :eek:
Where is the test? I'm using it right now with:
Webroot
MCShield
K9WebProtection

So I'm protected!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.