Level 28
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator

Tigzy

From Adlice
Verified
Developer
Version 14.0 of RogueKiller is available for testing (BETA)

Andrew999

Level 23
Verified
Version 14.0 of RogueKiller is available for testing (BETA)
Very nice. :) I am testing it now.

Andrew999

Level 23
Verified
1. So just to confirm does Realtime protection use Machine Learning and AI?
2. If it does detect something with machine learning or AI does it show AI detection in notification?
3. It seems Real-time protection is using quite a lot of CPU even if I am doing nothing. Many other products use nearly 0% CPU if just on Desktop. For me it can use 1-5% or when opening stuff like 20%.

Tigzy

From Adlice
Verified
Developer
1. So just to confirm does Realtime protection use Machine Learning and AI?
2. If it does detect something with machine learning or AI does it show AI detection in notification?
3. It seems Real-time protection is using quite a lot of CPU even if I am doing nothing. Many other products use nearly 0% CPU if just on Desktop. For me it can use 1-5% or when opening stuff like 20%.
1. Yes, it's a module used for both scanning and protecting.
2. Yes, it will show something like "MalPE.XX" where XX is the AI score.
3. That is strange, is it the service using CPU or you see System process CPU spike ? The service does pretty much nothing when you don't open anything.

Andrew999

Level 23
Verified
That is strange, is it the service using CPU or you see System process CPU spike ? The service does pretty much nothing when you don't open anything.
Here is a video showing what the CPU is doing. It is not doing any scan or anything. The computer is idle with web browser open though.

Tigzy

From Adlice
Verified
Developer
Here is a video showing what the CPU is doing. It is not doing any scan or anything. The computer is idle with web browser open though.
There's maybe things you don't see. Can you send me the file located in C:/ProgramData/RogueKiller/Debug/RogueKillerSVC.log ?

Tigzy

From Adlice
Verified
Developer
Thanks @Andrew999. I think the last lines are for the newer version, I see most of the activity is related to vivaldi, probably new tabs opening (if it works like Chrome). Do you think it's possible for you to redo the same and let the machine run idle for like 10-15 mns and give me the time period you let it run (+ file, please in PM) ?