Rogue Anti-Malware 13.1 is out now

V13.1.0 01/21/2019
=================
- Updated to core 3.0.0
* Ability to download signatures from YED server
* Now using Scheduled task to run as admin at startup
* Now ignoring excluded items from scanner
- New: Added Scheduled scans (Premium)
- New: Added Automatic signatures updates from adlice.com YED server (Premium)
- New: Added Manual signatures packages loading
- New: Added setting to run at startup
- New: Added exclusions settings and

RogueKiller Anti-Malware Free Download - Official Website

Starting with version 13.1, RogueKiller is able to self update signatures from our cloud (Premium only).
For users still using the Free version, they need to update the signatures manually:
  • Download the package (Signatures) from download page
  • At the scan choice screen, click “Import signatures” button
  • Choose the file you’ve just downloaded, and validate
  • Latest signatures should be now imported and ready to use for next scan
Signatures Update - Adlice Software

With best Regards
Mops21

Tigzy

From Adlice
Thread author
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Mar 15, 2017
RogueKiller 13.1 is available !

What's new ?
- Scheduled scans
- Custom scan (scan locations)
- Cloud signatures (now separate from the software, downloaded at scan time)
- Exclusions (Ability to add a folder/file to exclude)
- New notifications
- Signatures optimizations
- Minor fixes

rk_custom_scan.JPG

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Hmmm, may I say some things? First: it's fine that signatures come from the cloud, but the optional extra step of getting additional ones from your site via the browser is a tad inconvenient. In fact, the browser is opened two too-many times for my liking. Further, why does RK talk to me after I've closed the program? Go back to sleep. There are no real-time elements active here, are there?

rk.png

I see the once ever-present 2 PUMs in registry are no longer reported. That's good!

thrillskr

Level 2
Verified
Dec 28, 2018
RogueKiller 13.1 is available !

What's new ?
- Scheduled scans
- Custom scan (scan locations)
- Cloud signatures (now separate from the software, downloaded at scan time)
- Exclusions (Ability to add a folder/file to exclude)
- New notifications
- Signatures optimizations
- Minor fixes

View attachment 206995

Nice improvements! I really thinking about buying a subscription. I saw you have a bundle with uCheck. Only uCheck don't have a big catalogus with apps at this moment. What new features you are working on at the moment?

Reactions: dinosaur07

Tigzy

From Adlice
Thread author
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Mar 15, 2017
Hey @plat1098
To be completely honest with you, the fact automatic signatures are reserved to Premium (and that Free have to download manually) is a way for us to encourage people upgrading. This is currently what makes the software live, subscriptions.

Besides, manual import is also a feature that can be useful in a no-network environment, so that you can always take the signatures with you on a USB key and disinfect offline.

The notifications have always been there, we've just changed the way they are displayed. There's 2 buttons:
- The main close (title bar) will close it to the tray
- The top bar close (next to help button) closes the software completely.
We'll modify that other button to be more explicit

Tigzy

From Adlice
Thread author
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Mar 15, 2017
Nice improvements! I really thinking about buying a subscription. I saw you have a bundle with uCheck. Only uCheck don't have a big catalogus with apps at this moment. What new features you are working on at the moment?

Well UCheck now handles 115+ software, among the most popular. We are still open to add new software, don't hesitate to give us a list !

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Hi all

V13.1.1 01/22/2019
=================
- Updated to core 3.0.1
* Fixed: a crash in PE parser when file is driver protected
- Fixed: renewal link for Technician
- New: Added better notifications
- Fixed: Translations (French, Spanish, German)
- Fixed: Custom filesytem locations selection
- Fixed: Notifications on multiple Monitors

With best Regards
Mops21

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
OK, thanks for the reply. There is complete understanding on my part to get revenue for a fine software. I have an issue with how it's done. A software nags and makes things inconvenient, eventually I move on. You released another version, so something may have changed, but in general, why did you stop the donation aspect of the "free" version? I was using that but maybe it's not good and classy for your business model, I don't know. Nevertheless, signatures should be loaded in an orderly way, not from here and there, opening a possibly infected browser repeatedly when you urgently need to get a scan done.

I see RogueKiller as a tool, a useful one, just doing its job. It didn't make silly messages or hamper my efforts to check and clean my device, it just did it. These latest changes are disconcerting: the tray notification out of the blue is as if my tape measure spoke from the box: "Still here. Grab me if you need me.."

Maybe I'm in the minority but I don't want a software tool interacting with me or making sly little efforts to upgrade. I don't run Malwarebytes and I was disappointed with Zemana for emulating that a bit. I guess it's a sign of the times: the Facebook era where it's wondrous that non-human things make human-like communications. Gives me the creeps, actually.

Thanks for your consideration. I'll have to see what happens next. But if you put the "Donate" button back, you'll know where I am.

Tigzy

From Adlice
Thread author
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Mar 15, 2017
OK, thanks for the reply. There is complete understanding on my part to get revenue for a fine software. I have an issue with how it's done. A software nags and makes things inconvenient, eventually I move on. You released another version, so something may have changed, but in general, why did you stop the donation aspect of the "free" version? I was using that but maybe it's not good and classy for your business model, I don't know. Nevertheless, signatures should be loaded in an orderly way, not from here and there, opening a possibly infected browser repeatedly when you urgently need to get a scan done.

I see RogueKiller as a tool, a useful one, just doing its job. It didn't make silly messages or hamper my efforts to check and clean my device, it just did it. These latest changes are disconcerting: the tray notification out of the blue is as if my tape measure spoke from the box: "Still here. Grab me if you need me.."

Maybe I'm in the minority but I don't want a software tool interacting with me or making sly little efforts to upgrade. I don't run Malwarebytes and I was disappointed with Zemana for emulating that a bit. I guess it's a sign of the times: the Facebook era where it's wondrous that non-human things make human-like communications. Gives me the creeps, actually.

Thanks for your consideration. I'll have to see what happens next. But if you put the "Donate" button back, you'll know where I am.

You know it's though for us, on one hand we'd really like to open automatic signatures signatures for free users, but we know that would probably kill the software. The best that can be done is to improve that manual process so that it's not a pain in the butt. You know, for free users it doesn't change anything really, see:

- Before: Weekly SOFTWARE update, you had to re-download it from the website (with possibly infected browser and so). The software update included new signatures).
- Now: Daily SIGNATURES updates, you have to download package from the website (with possibly infected browser and so). We will release less software updates as time goes, to just release new signatures.

There's something you probably don't know, the binaries (setup/portable) on the website will be updated silently (no version increment) every week to include the latest signatures. That way no matter when you download it, the signatures won't be more than 1 week old. Really that doesn't change much for Free users.

Where it's really interesting, is for Premium. The signatures update will be totally silent.

We still accept donations, but the thing is that it's very often borderline and Paypal (or others) don't like it. Really, subscriptions is the best way to do for everyone (we don't auto renew).

As for notifications, the version 13.1.2 has changes in that way. We heard the feedback, some notifications have been removed (close to tray, scan started) to only keep the needed ones (+ marketing, this is really needed for us -you understand-)

If you want a Free Premium license, let me know ;)

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Just a final note: you know, I really read the plea for funds on CrystalDewWorld site (maker of CrystalDiskMark), how the developer emphasized his having to frequently purchase new hardware to make his software work properly across the board, so he needs the donations badly. That was a new perspective, even though it's a different purpose, for hardware. It's often much more than sitting there and staring at monitors all day for fun, right? Your "donate" link is too discreet, hidden under the "Company" tab! Some of us don't want or need the premium features but value the free version enough to donate. It's a personal decision, and yeah, there is strong competition there.

In a nutshell: can you make further compromises somewhere? Why not consider to put the "donate" button back under the "free" column or somewhere discreetly nearby, with some light, informative text or so? I guess you'd have to evaluate what impact your most recent changes have on revenue, understood. Just suggesting-- if I didn't care, I wouldn't bother.

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Hi all

RogueKiller v13.1.2 Released (January 23, 2019)
Website
V13.1.2 01/23/2019
=================
- Fixed: Translations (French, Spanish, German)
- Fixed: notifications showing under taskbar in certain conditions
- Refactored notifications (removed useless ones)
- Added marketing table (easier to understand Premium features and differences with Free version)
- Hiding filters in report view (useless for RogueKiller)​
With best Regards
Mops21

Tigzy

From Adlice
Thread author
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Mar 15, 2017
Just a final note: you know, I really read the plea for funds on CrystalDewWorld site (maker of CrystalDiskMark), how the developer emphasized his having to frequently purchase new hardware to make his software work properly across the board, so he needs the donations badly. That was a new perspective, even though it's a different purpose, for hardware. It's often much more than sitting there and staring at monitors all day for fun, right? Your "donate" link is too discreet, hidden under the "Company" tab! Some of us don't want or need the premium features but value the free version enough to donate. It's a personal decision, and yeah, there is strong competition there.

In a nutshell: can you make further compromises somewhere? Why not consider to put the "donate" button back under the "free" column or somewhere discreetly nearby, with some light, informative text or so? I guess you'd have to evaluate what impact your most recent changes have on revenue, understood. Just suggesting-- if I didn't care, I wouldn't bother.

There's a ticket on our backlog regarding the "signatures for FREE users workflow". We will review and make this as easy as possible.
The problem with donations is that it doesn't work very well with companies, for legal reasons. That's why we prefer people purchasing a license (the price is very reasonable) even if they don't really use it. It's just a way to get something in return, but I know what you mean. It's always a matter of balance...

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
I think with the update aspect I think this is a great business model to get people to buy the Premium license with the definition update structure.

~LDogg

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Hi all

RogueKiller v13.1.3 Released (January 24, 2019)
Website

V13.1.3 01/24/2019​
=================​
- Improvment: Installer now kills existing processes before replacing the files​
- Fixed: Support form not sending proper Program name​
- Updated: Signatures, package 20190121​
- Improvment: Pricing table is clearer​
- Improvment: Exit button icon​
- Fixed: Renewal link for FR​
With best Regards
Mops21

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
In fact we are wondering if we open the automated updates to everyone...
At least for a short test period.
Please do that. Im always looking the shortcut on desktop and wondering theres update available and i have to manually update it..and then i just give up :)

Tigzy

From Adlice
Thread author
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Mar 15, 2017
Please do that. Im always looking the shortcut on desktop and wondering theres update available and i have to manually update it..and then i just give up :)
Hehe, if I do this everybody will be happy I know that, and that's a reason less to buy the software too. it's a balance to make, more users now VS durability. Subscription is currently the only reliable way to feed new signatures and features into the software (Website ads is going to be removed mid-term). There's 1 permanent dev/researcher and some support/researchers part time, they need to eat :)

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Hehe, if I do this everybody will be happy I know that, and that's a reason less to buy the software too. it's a balance to make, more users now VS durability. Subscription is currently the only reliable way to feed new signatures and features into the software (Website ads is going to be removed mid-term). There's 1 permanent dev/researcher and some support/researchers part time, they need to eat :)
Well its not a huge loss for someone that is using it at home, like scanning once a month. And i guess that malPE module is very exciting as its in beta

Maybe you could share beta-keys or something here in mt or at wilders security for people or something. Like zemana is doing currently. If rogue killer had a realtime-protection it would be so easy to limit free users off from it

Edit: nvm just realized the signature manual updating is there on latest version

Last edited:
Reactions: vtqhtr413

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.